Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 07-14-2019, 11:17 AM

Default Move Sel & Edit command logic

Ever since day one with the Dock, I've found the Move Sel function with the wheel tremendously useful. But there's always been some inconsistency about whether the moving selection was just a location, or an actual selection.

For example, go into Move Sel with just the cursor, wheel over a clip and hit 'b' for separate clip. It usually works the first time, but about 30% of the time it doesn't, depending on what function you completed before. The same goes for 'c' for copy. Make a selection in Move Sel (using Mark In/Mark Out) move that selection, hit 'c,' there's a good chance that the first time you hit 'c' nothing went into the clipboard. I find myself hitting these commands twice, just to make sure they worked.

Eddie, maybe this is because Move Sel is intended for location and not editing, but I'm having trouble figuring out the logic. EuControl 19.5.1, PT 2019.6, macOS 10.12.6 (but this behavior has been present since I purchased a Dock years ago).

TIA for thoughts.