Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2013, 09:24 AM

Default DIGI 003+ success with Mavericks and PT 10.3.8

I just did a clean install of Mavericks 10.9.1 on a new HD this weekend. Installed PT 10.3.8 along with the usual arsenal of software and plug-ins, Waves, Slate, Reason, etc.

At this time I have had NO issues with being able to run 10.3.8 and added software/plug-ins on Mavericks. All of my previous sessions open and function properly. All editing, mixing, recording appears to run without issue at this point.

The only issue to note is with the NEW driver ver.11 for the DIGI003+. The ver.11 driver does not function properly and causes sessions to "CPU error" at random intervals. It does, however, allow monitoring of any outside audio source while being in a PT session which is nice. You also can now monitor "web" audio while in or out of a session. The "old" ver. 10 driver required you to quit a session to monitor in iTunes, Quicktime, Safari(if you were lucky), etc.

Not that I generally surf the web on my PT setup but when a client needs me to have access to other audio/video sources and I can't monitor them correctly its always a pain.

I was able to uninstall the ver.11 driver, using the AVID driver uninstaller, and install the ver.10 driver. All was well after the ver.10 driver was installed. No issues. Obviously should I have needed to do a complete PT uninstall I may have had major headaches and issues as it has been noted that the uninstaller for PT10 does not function in Mavericks.

To sum up I basically had a new hard drive and some extra time on my hands this weekend. I was in the process of getting ready to do a fresh install of OS X 10.8.5 when I decided to try Mavericks being it's a FREE download and install from Apple. The only cost for me was the obvious software install and overall test time involved. My "Original" system and PT hard drive was left untouched as this was done on a second drive. The goal was an attempt to investigate what my transition from OS X's and PT's 10/11 will entail along with the other plug-in/software that need to follow along. Basically all my required essentials are all functioning. The shops open so to speak.

Anyone else out there with success or failure on Mavericks and PT 10 by all means chime in. I am curious as to what others experience may be. I am not desiring to hang on to PT 10 forever and will eventually make the switch to PT11 when the rest of my software(s) become compatible. For now at least I have an idea what works and what doesn't.
Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.1
Digi003R+