Avid Scorch (iOS) Forum

Scorch Forum Home Page

Forum Terms of Use

Scorch for iPad Support FAQ

Avid Scorch

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Avid Scorch (iOS) Forum

Old 07-05-2011, 10:52 AM

Question Printing purchased scores?

I downloaded a score from the Scorch Store on my iPad (publisher is Hal Leonard) and I want to print it. I can't figure out how to do that. It doesn't show up in iTunes in the Scorch Documents in the Apps File Sharing area and I can't find it in my purchases in the iTunes Store. Is there a place on the Web I can access my purchased scores where I can print it via the Scorch browser plug-in?

Also, I'm assuming purchased Scorch scores are in .sib format. Is there a way to open these scores purchased on the iPad in Sibelius and edit them?
Old 07-07-2011, 08:50 AM

Default Re: Printing purchased scores?

Well, I was planning to purchase more music, but if I can't print music I purchase in Scorch on the iPad there's no point in purchasing. I can only assume, since there has been no response to my question, that it is not possible. I hope that's not the case, but if it is, I certainly won't be purchasing any more music in Scorch!
Old 07-12-2011, 09:19 AM

Angry Frustrated w/purchased music, lack of forum response & lack of customer support!rt

I had posted a question in this forum about printing purchased Scorch scores and received no response, which was frustrating. But now I'm really miffed! Upon further inspection, the score I purchased appears to be scored incorrectly: the left hand keyboard part is incorrectly written in treble clef instead of bass clef, is therefore an octave higher than it should be and interferes with the right hand part. I've tried to change that, but there doesn't appear to be any way. I've also discovered some other incorrect things in the score. I also asked the question if a purchased score could be edited in Sibelius and got no response and I'm pretty certain I can't do that. So, not only does it appear that I'm stuck with an incorrect score trapped in Scorch on my iPad, but I can't even print out the score and at least make manual corrections. This pretty much sucks and I'd really like my money back on this score that basically is worthless to me. But where do I go to do that? Do I have any recourse? It appears not. While I love what you can do with Scorch and my own scores created in Sibelius, purchasing scores is a whole other issue. WARNING to anyone considering purchasing music via Scorch on the iPad: it ain't ready for primetime. Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to give a very positive review of Scorch in the App Store because of these purchased score issues:
1. No ability to print purchased scores
2. Potentially incorrectly scored music
3. No ability to edit purchased scores
4. No response on the forum re: purchased music
5. No customer service support or recourse for problems with purchased music

Take my advice: until Avid gets these things worked out in regards to music purchased in Scorch on the iPad, DON'T PURCHASE ANY MUSIC!!!!
Old 07-12-2011, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Frustrated w/purchased music, lack of forum response & lack of customer support!r

Hi tedg1athome,

Sorry you're not finding your purchased scores up to scratch. I'm going to email you separately so you can send me further details off this thread.

Many of your comments about Scorch have been covered in other threads already but here's some specific info that should be useful to you:

The question of printing was answered in a different thread by my colleague so sorry you didn't get a reply to your thread. Printing is something we would like to add in a future update to Scorch. Printing was introduced to iOS when we'd already spec'd out our plan for Scorch so it didn't make the cut. As mentioned, it would be good to allow this.

We are also hoping to have a preview of the score before you buy it. This should allow you to get an idea of the score in the Scorch Store.

You can make simple changes to the fonts and transpositions etc. but this isn't a mini version of Sibelius.

I hope this gives you some helpful information. Please look out for the email I'll be sending from the Avid Support Center and reply to that if you have any particular questions about your purchased music.

Sam
Old 08-07-2011, 12:50 AM

Unhappy Re: Printing purchased scores?

I have the same problem. All my music has the bass clef set to treble clef. I would love to print purchases. When will this be available?

Look forward to a reply.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:23 AM
Super Moderator

Dear Arlet,

The printing issue is something we are certainly aware of, and it is very high on our list, however I am unable to give you an estimated time of arrival.

Regarding the incorrectly displayed clefs, have you tried restarting the app? Don't forget that simply hiding the app using the home button leaves it running in the background. To quit the app completely:

1. Ensure you are looking at the standard home by pressing home once.
2. Double press the home button; your running apps will appear.
3. Press and hold on the app you wish to quit (Scorch in this case). A red stop symbol will appear on it's icon.
4. Press the red stop button.

Another way of ensuring you do this is to restart the iPad itself. To do this, hold the sleep button for several seconds until you are prompted to switch off the iPad.

Best wishes,

Joe
Old 08-03-2016, 09:26 PM

Here I am 6 years later based on the first post . Is printing possible now thru Avid Scorch?