Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2011, 10:13 PM
Avid

Default Re: 4x More ADC, but not on PTHD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfo View Post
So is the "Maximum" ADC setting the only PT10 feature not available to TDM hardware users, or is there anything else lurking in there? Aside from the whole end-of-the-line thing, of course.

I searched the "What's New in Pro Tools" pdf for the term "not available with Pro Tools|HD," and that's the only thing that came up, but I figured you guys would know better than I.

If so, that's not too bad. A bummer for sure, but not the end of the world.
The other one would be no AAX plug-in support - so the new Downmixer, ModDelay III and ChannelStrip plug-ins would not work on HD systems.

I'm just going of the top of my head here - if I recall any others, I'll reply again.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
The other one would be no AAX plug-in support - so the new Downmixer, ModDelay III and ChannelStrip plug-ins would not work on HD systems.

I'm just going of the top of my head here - if I recall any others, I'll reply again.

It would be most helpful to everyone if the product website properly stated what HD (Accel users etc.) DO NOT GET IN PRO TOOLS 10. It is not clear and leads people to believe they are getting more ADC, New Plugins, Higher Track Count etc.. If you could please let the powers that be to simply make a grid of new features to show who gets what on each system. If this already exists... I apologize. I have been unable to find it and would appreciate you sending a link. Thanks
Old 10-24-2011, 11:02 PM

It is amazing how Avid manages to hide those product specs in plain sight on the specs tab here http://www.avid.com/US/products/Pro-Tools-HDX

And it's been talked about clearly by Avid staff and by other folks here. So I am not sure why this is difficult For people to follow.

Darryl
Old 10-24-2011, 11:25 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashboombam View Post
It would be most helpful to everyone if the product website properly stated what HD (Accel users etc.) DO NOT GET IN PRO TOOLS 10. It is not clear and leads people to believe they are getting more ADC, New Plugins, Higher Track Count etc.. If you could please let the powers that be to simply make a grid of new features to show who gets what on each system. If this already exists... I apologize. I have been unable to find it and would appreciate you sending a link. Thanks
While we try to make sure all differences are clearly delineated, I can see some areas that could use improvement and I've passed the info to those that can make the necessary changes.

Coming from a support background I tend to lean toward 'say it often, rinse, repeat, repeat, repeat' and I'll do what I can to make that happen.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashboombam View Post
Yes, and WHY are HD users paying for an upgrade that is much more than the Native version for less feature??? Native 299.00, VS HD999.00 for example..
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 10-24-2011, 11:49 PM

Quote:

Ah, I hadn't realized that there wouldn't be TDM or RTAS versions of those plugins. Good to know, thanks.

And yes, your philosophy of "say it often, rinse, repeat, repeat, repeat" is probably a good one. Most of the info is there, but it's not super obvious. Which is understandable since you guys have been at AES, and the "list of headaches for those who have spent the most money with us" probably isn't the most exciting aspect of a big product launch like this one
Old 10-24-2011, 11:56 PM

Quote:

Can we get clarification on this ? I was under the impression pt10 hd users with tdm systems could run NATIVE aax plugs alongside rtas and tdm ? If not that's pretty dead end for ever recalling a session after 10.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsimmons View Post
Can we get clarification on this ? I was under the impression pt10 hd users with tdm systems could run NATIVE aax plugs alongside rtas and tdm ? If not that's pretty dead end for ever recalling a session after 10.
You can run AAX plug-ins natively with your TDM system, just as you can run RTAS plug-ins natively on your HDX system.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:18 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Gutnik View Post
You can run AAX plug-ins natively with your TDM system, just as you can run RTAS plug-ins natively on your HDX system.
Thanks for making that more clear than I did. I should have said 'you can't run AAX on DSP with HD' along with 'you can't run AAX that's not DSP enabled on HDX'.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
It is amazing how Avid manages to hide those product specs in plain sight on the specs tab here http://www.avid.com/US/products/Pro-Tools-HDX

And it's been talked about clearly by Avid staff and by other folks here. So I am not sure why this is difficult For people to follow.

Darryl

I respectfully disagree. I did see that spec sheet. However, the same questions are being asked over and over again on the duc. The HD10 software features page leads many people to believe otherwise. Check out What's New HD10 Software. There are many misleading statements which require people to look thru many pages in hopes to find some * fine print.

How about a comparison of PT10 and PT10 HD on between systems. I think it's being skipped over.