Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2009, 04:54 PM

Default Re: peripheral select causes crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
I'm looking into this - we've confirmed that the PC-1600 and CS-10 profiles will crash Pro Tools, however I cannot say exactly what may happen with these as they are considered 'legacy' and thus unsupported, which means we have exactly zero resources available to give them any attention. Fixing them means pulling resources from other projects and I'm not in a position to say how feasible that is at the moment.

I'll definitely lobby to get these fixed - hopefully it's something simple and won't take much in the way of time, but that's yet to be determined.
Thanks for your efforts. Selecting anything but PC1600 works on mine. Just the PC1600 selection crashes.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicalavtech View Post
Thanks for your efforts. Selecting anything but PC1600 works on mine. Just the PC1600 selection crashes.
I just tried the CS-10 profile, and it crashed Pro Tools... read on:

I had it as the only profile in the "Controllers" folder. The Peripherals dialog came up OK, but I couldn't select the # of Midi Channels (the popup menu was blank and unresponsive), and the "Receive From" and "Send To" popup menus were ghosted out.

I tried pressing "OK", to perhaps move ahead with some default settings that just weren't displaying correctly, and that's when Pro Tools crashed.

I can bring up the Peripherals dialog and press "Cancel", and PT does *not* crash.

It would be really nice to maintain the CS-10 profile for Pro Tools, as so many generic surfaces rely on it for communication!

Leigh

Mac 2 x 2.8 Quad-Core
Pro Tools M-Powered 8.0.0cs2
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Old 05-18-2009, 01:23 PM
Avid

The official word at this point is that there will be no further development for either the CS-10 or PC-1600 profiles. The resources for those are now dedicated to implementing functionality for M-Audio keyboards like the Axiom Pro.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:11 AM

Thank you, Digi. Now we at least know it. Too bad you havn't done this decision before puttin PT8 onto the market. Availability of the non-working driver made us think we could actually upgrade with the current equipment.

Best,

Jakub
Old 08-23-2009, 03:07 PM

I'll chime in here as well and say this is very disappointing. I would likely have stayed with 7.4 had I known this would be the result under 8. If there's a change in thinking at some point about fixing this, I hope you'll let us know.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:28 AM

these legacy files for 7.4 were nice. i have the same problem with PT8. CS-10 makes it crash only if i hit OK. I studied protools and have been a fan of there stuff when i got my 001 and PT5, but they are gonna lose customers with this kind of incompatibility and lack of support. If anything changes give me a heads up
Old 09-03-2009, 07:31 PM

Default CS-10 Support FIXED in PT 8.0.1 !!

Woo-hoo! I just came across the PT 8.0.1 update today, and lo and behold, the CS-10 issue we've all been having (where PT crashes upon attempting to select CS-10 as a MIDI controller) has been RESOLVED!

I installed the updater, selected CS-10 in the controllers and it behaves exactly as it's supposed to (and as it *used* to under 7.4)

THANK YOU Digi for not abandoning us! :)
Old 09-04-2009, 09:42 AM
Avid

Default Re: CS-10 Support FIXED in PT 8.0.1 !!

The thanks should go to the developer who fixed these on his own time outside of work.

Despite what some may think, we have some very dedicated people here...!
Old 09-04-2009, 05:51 PM

Default Re: peripheral select no longer causes crash

I had contacted Avid last week about that issue...that's when they emailed me back and told me about PT8.0.1 and lo and behold, peripheral selections no longer crash PT. Many thanks to all who had a part in making the product a better value now.