Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 12-28-2020, 05:40 PM

Default Focusrite scarlett changing settings

I'm trying to get to the bottom of a distortion problem i'm having when exporting video in Corel Videostudio. The first place i'm starting is changing my sessions to 48k instead of 44.1 as recommended for video.

However whenever i change the focusrite settings while in a session i get an error of "pro tools could not initialize the focusrite usb audio...." So it was recommended to open a new session with the desired settings and then go back into the other session, however i'm still having issues. Before i even go into a session the focusrite will stay at 48k but the buffer always changes from 1024 to 512.

I have also tried opening a new session with 48k 1024 and importing session data but when i bounce it all the song plays at a slower speed which is even reflected in the song length in minutes.

I'm not even sure this is going to correct the distortion issue i'm having but if anything I'll at least learn how to figure out how to keep the settings how i want them.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.