Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 12-01-2020, 08:51 PM

Default entering the code simply extends for 1 year AFTER my current expiration?

entering the code simply extends for 1 year AFTER my current Software Updates + Support Plan expires, correct?

Hi all

I just bought from a (legit) 3rd party vendor a “Avid Pro Tools | Ultimate 1-Year Software Updates + Support Plan RENEWAL “

I am currently covered… it expires in March 2021

I know i enter this RENEWAL code in “MY AVID” account ….

I just want to double check that… when i enter the code - it simply takes my current expiration date (in March 2021) and extends it from the actual expiration by 1 year

(as opposed to taking the date when i enter the code, and extending from that date…., so I’d possibly lose some days of coverage.)

just want to double check, before i put the code in. (and be done with it)

thanks.
Old 12-01-2020, 09:24 PM

Default Re: entering the code simply extends for 1 year AFTER my current expiration?

Correct. See avid.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/faq/Does-my-plan-start-from-the-purchase-date-or-activation-date from the Pro Tools Licensing FAQ (and thank you for renewing!).
Old 12-03-2020, 08:07 AM

Default Re: entering the code simply extends for 1 year AFTER my current expiration?

yes, I was also wondering about that behavior.
such a shame.
I pay over 428 (!) € every year only for simple updates. and no break is possible.
and I payed the software at the beginning.
Thats what happened when someone created a studio standard and people are forced to use it.
absolute confusing.