Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 04-22-2020, 03:36 AM

Default Does anyone know how to put Eucontrol into Mackie mode?

I've searched everywhere about entering MCU emulation mode but can't find any info that makes sense for windows

There is an EUCON_Application_Setup_Guide_v19.12.pdf all I can find.

It says:
---------
To add an application to EUCON Preferences:1.Open System Preferences (Mac) or Control Panel (Windows) and do the following: •Mac Double-click the EUCON icon in the Other section at the bottom of the window. •Windows Click the EUCON icon. The EUCON preference pane opens.
----------

What is the Control Panel (windows)? the one in windows system? Control panel in windows looks like this (see attached), there is no Eucon icon. There is no option to put in MCU mode in Eucontrol. I can't find where the EUCON preference panel mentioned / pictured in the setup guide is.
thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg controlpanel.jpg (23.7 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by bassmagnetic; 04-22-2020 at 05:21 AM.
Old 04-22-2020, 05:22 AM

Default Re: Does anyone know how to put Eucontrol into Mackie mode?

in essence i'm trying to find this preference window on a pc, for the life of me can't find it anywhere
Attached Images
File Type: jpg euconpref.JPG (15.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-23-2020, 12:16 AM

Interested in this as well. I would like to control my RME interface (TotalMIX) with a hardware controller and the S1 looks good for this.
Old 04-23-2020, 02:07 AM

Eddie (thx) replied in another thread....

when you go to Control Panel in Win10 in the top right there is a "view by" option, and that needs to get changed to Large Icons, then the Eucon Control Panel icon is in there and you can add MC apps. So many hours searching for that little nugget, praise the lord!

RME Totalmix I don't think is MC compatible (I maybe wrong), you can however control it by midi but it needs quite specific midi messages, I'm not sure there is that amount of midi programmability with Eucon. I had an old Kenton midi controller knocking around which I setup just to control Totalmix. It works well, there's no 'pickup' but for my needs its perfect and runs smoothly. Or an ipad with RME's app would work also, expensive option tho.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:47 AM

Thanks bigtime. I’m hoked up with TotalMix and controling 8 faders. Now I’ll figure out how to control the software outputs.