Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2009, 07:01 PM

Arrow I can't get MIDI Patch Names. PTLE crashes

Hi everyone.

I was trying to get the patch names of a synth module (Roland JV-2080), which has 5 expansion boards installed. At the beginning, the patch names window showed patch numbers instead of names. I selected "change", and looked for the module name in the MIDI patch names folder, but when I selected it, a message appeared saying "...either manufacturer/model information or instrument mode do not match"

At a given time, after several attempts, the main patch banks (not the expansion banks), appeared, but after I closed and reopened the session, as soon I pressed the patch select button, Pro Tools crashed (this happened several times with different sessions).

I trashed the preferences (DAE, DigiSetup.OSX, Pro Tools, AMS), and also all the Digidesign databases folders. I repaired the permissions too. Now, PT is working in an erratic way: Sometimes it quits as soon I try to open a new MIDI track. Sometimes, it quits when I hit the button to open the patches window of the module (JV-2080). And sometimes, I got open the patches window, and changed the patch names, but I couldn’t get all the expansion banks my module has. (It has five, and I found only one of them).

The last times I've tried to select the patches names window, PT just crashes.

Thanks in advance for your help

2.3 GHz dual Mac G5
OSX 10.4.11
Pro Tools LE 7.4
Digital Performer 6.0