How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2013, 08:13 PM

Default Pro Tools HD 11

Hello everyone...

I´m thinking of buying a Pro Tools HD system, the problem is that in every site I search I can only find bundles with the HDX hardware that comes with "pro tools HD" software, and I can only seem to find pro tools 11 and no pro tools 11 hd.

I´m wondering if I´m thinking it wrongly, or if there is no pro tools hd 11?

Thanks already, and sorry for my bad english... I´f I´m not clear enough please let me know!
Old 08-07-2013, 08:22 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools HD 11

If you buy a brand new HDX or HD Native system, you will get whatever the current version is right now. That's why they don't specify which version it is.

So if you buy one now, when you register the software activation code that comes in the box, you will get HD11. If you bought one 2 years from now, when Protools 12 is out, you would get HD12, etc.

I don't think they even include the actual software discs in the box anymore, everything is done by download. But regardless of what's in the box, you will get the current version.

And as you may already know, the current version also gives you a license for the previous version. So right now you would get HD11, and a license for HD10 as well. When PT12 is out, you will get a licenses for HD12, and a license for HD11.

The whole process is automated. When you register the code, the Ilok license for the current version is sent to your Ilok account, and the installers for the software are put in your Avid account.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:34 PM

The only way to purchase PT HD 11 (as opposed to standard vanilla PT) is to purchase it with the Avid hardware - HD Native or HDX - unless you already own PT10 with CPTK in which case Avid will allow a "cross grade" from CPTK to HD11. If I understand your question correctly, to the best of my knowledge, PTHD software is not available to purchase as a stand alone product, it has to be purchased with Avid hardware.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:52 PM

Thanks a lot for the help guys, it is a lot clearer now :)