Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 09:24 AM

Smile MAC, Help "seeing" Strike, Protools 9 UG to 10, tried many things found here...

Pulling my hair out...

Bought the Mbox Pro bundle, (with my new MACbook Pro), installed Protools 9 to MAC, got the upgrade to Protools 10 from Avid, installed, got the avid virtual instruments downloads, strike, velvet, structure, the avid virtual instruments pack, and free plugins from avid in my "my products" section of the AVID website...

New to this space, but I think I'm navigating pretty well using the templates and the sample (Legion); I'm able to add instruments, tracks, change effects, add effects, etc. bounce tracks or whole sessions, work the mix board... so, though I'll admit that I probably don't really know what I'm doing, I'm not "dragging knuckles when I walk" either.

Seems no matter what I try, I can't "see" Strike (1.5).

Ilok account shows strike 1.5 as licensed.

Tried installing, deinstalling and reinstalling plug-ins and whole Protools 10 package.

Saw the thread on the PTIEP pack "breaking" strike, see the "set content" app etc. ; tried that.

Saw the thread on making sure the track is "stereo" and "instrument".

Tried so many things, I'm completely mixed up.

I don't get any error screens (as some report in these forums), but I cannot "see" the Strike plugin interface from within the Protools 10 application; can't find it anywhere, but I can see installation files on Hard the drive.

I can see the "Boom" plugin interface (for example), can add it to a track (which is also a virtual instrument); am able to add the other instruments (velvet, vacuum (which is super-cool!), Xpand, structure, etc....

Shouldn't I be able to "see" the "Strike" choice in the same way I can see the "Boom"?

Can ya'll help me to see "Strike"? (I can't seem to figure it out, and the documentation is a bit ambiguous (for example, set strike content location... is that the content location or the expanded content location?... what's a newbie to do?)...

[current system state is Protools 10 installed, AIR instrument pack installed, then installed "Strike 1.5" from the Avid "my products" page].
Old 11-20-2011, 04:01 PM

Default Re: MAC, Help "seeing" Strike, Protools 9 UG to 10, tried many things found here...

Did more digging and exploring...

Did an uninstall and reinstall of ProTools10, selecting the "incomplete" deinstall. (not sure if THAT really mattered).

Found "strike.dpm" in the directory
"Macintosh HD\Library\Application Support\Digidesign\Plug-Ins".

It was in no other location.

Copied it to the directory
"Macintosh HD\Applications/Avid/Pro Tools/Plug-Ins".

Voila - I can "see" the Strike interface/plug-in in ProTools10.

Know I'm not done though; see the expected message at the bottom of the Strike plug-in interface in ProTools10 that says the plug-in can't find content.

So, I used the app
"Macintosh_HD/Applications/Avid/Digidesign/AIR_Content/Strike/Set_Strike_Content_Location" (cause that's where all the .big files for Strike seem to be located (so that is where the "content" is located right?)).

Still "see" Strike, but still "see" the "cannot find content" message...

The saga continues.

If any Digidesign or Avid folks are watching this thread, my feedback is that there seems to be general difficulty in setting up and using Strike; at least one of your customers (me) find the instructions toward this matter in the ProTools10 and Strike PDF documentation both ambiguous and circular; it needs improved (clarified with specific instructions if one accepts all the defaults during installation of the products) :).
Old 11-20-2011, 04:47 PM

Default Re: MAC, Help "seeing" Strike, Protools 9 UG to 10, tried many things found here...

So I ran the Set_strike_content_location app...

I get the same message in strike (can't find content); now as an added bonus, BOOM no longer works (says it can't find the boom.big fie, which I am unable to find on my system), Structure no longer works (can't find content), and Velvet no longer works (yep, can't find content)... I've run the set content apps for these to no avail.

Starting to get miffed....

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 11-20-2011, 05:30 PM

Did you take a look at this thread, sounds like similar issue;

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=310412

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 11-20-2011, 06:02 PM

zedhed,

Thanks, looked at it, but behavior is a bit different; seems like the fix is similar.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:16 PM

Saga...

So apparently when I ran the "set content" application, it DESTROYED my Avid Virtual Instruments content directory, where BOOM.BIG, Mini Grand.big, Xpand2.big were stored...

Strange things.... running the "set_content_location" app. DESTROYED all my Avid "free-pack" content....

Re-ran "Avid_Virtual_Instruments_10_Installer_73465.d mg"

Probably back to square 1.

Boom, DB-33, Mini Grand, Structure Free, TL Metro, Vacuum, Xpand2 work.

Strike, Velvet; load, but warn they cannot find content.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:17 PM

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p=1993798
MacPro 7,1 Big Sur 11.2. 16 core, 2TB, 192GB, Vega II 32GB. OWC Thunderbay 6, RME UFX+, UAD-2 quad PCIe, Decklink MiniMon 4k, Sonnet M.2 4x4. Dell U3419W & BenQ SW2700PT. FaderPort 16, Komplete Kontrol S61, Nuendo, Wavelab, Pro Tools Ultimate, Logic, Ableton Live. FinalCutPro, Resolve Studio.
Closed Thread