Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2010, 10:37 AM

Default Re: Drives (R) record?

Quote:
Originally Posted by digifriend View Post
I tried that. It didnt work. Thanks anyways...
Not quite sure I am reading this correctly. You have an Apple, but you are running Windows 7? You simply must be a glutton for punishment my friend. Why on Gods green earth would you simply not run the Unix operating system, provided I am reading that you have MAC OS 10.5.6 and scrap Windows/Microsoft cluge all together? They are not the same animal. In the "Workspace" with a Mac you should be able to label the volumes to Record as advised and be done with this. You may be hitting Command, Shift, #3 by mistake and changing the label of your hard drives.
Pro Tools 10.3.4 ||
Gamble 40 Track Analog Console ||
Old 03-31-2010, 02:14 PM

The reason for doing so is that I use both sides (Mac & PC) equally. I generally have all my Protools files on a seperate Hdd that I "used" to be able to access from both sides using Macdrive. But somewhere along the lines it just stopped working. I dont know if it was when I switched to Windows 7 or when I upgraded to ProTools 8. I guess I would like for ProTools to be able to work properly on both sides. Thing is it used to. With this exact same computer and Hdds.
I am running Snow Leopard and Windows 7 with bootcamp...
I do appreciate everyones help. But it looks like its something with ProTools.
640GB(Mac) 640GB(Windows 7) 1TB(Audio Drive)
Digi-002 Factory and M-box
LE 8.0.3 (Mac) 8.0.3 (PC)
Old 03-31-2010, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digifriend View Post
The reason for doing so is that I use both sides (Mac & PC) equally. I generally have all my Protools files on a seperate Hdd that I "used" to be able to access from both sides using Macdrive. But somewhere along the lines it just stopped working. I dont know if it was when I switched to Windows 7 or when I upgraded to ProTools 8. I guess I would like for ProTools to be able to work properly on both sides. Thing is it used to. With this exact same computer and Hdds.
I am running Snow Leopard and Windows 7 with bootcamp...
I do appreciate everyones help. But it looks like its something with ProTools.
I would enquire with the folks at Media4 and see if they have any idea.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88