Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2014, 07:41 AM

Default Re: PT11.1.1 crashes when opening I/O Setup for opne HD Omni

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post
Could this have something to do with Auto Switch Input Language in OSX?
As far as I understand everything right we are talking about output here in this case. Input language doesn't change at any time when switching from ENG to GER and back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post
Or maybe the language files in the Pro Tools application (.lproj files) itself
I'm afraid I don't understand that :/

Quote:
Have you paged through this thread?
This thread is about PT10, isn't it? I haven't paged through it completely (ten pages long) but at least the thread itself is called "[...]PT10" and there isn't any message concerning PT11 on the last page of the thread.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:59 AM

Default Re: PT11.1.1 crashes when opening I/O Setup for opne HD Omni

You said it works in German, but not in English. That may have something to do with the language settings in OSX. It's worth a look, anyway. Neither of us understand why your problem is present in one language and not the other, so it would be safe to assume the fix could be outside our understanding as well.

And yes, the thread I linked is about Pro Tools 10. PT10 and PT11 have some things in common, and sometimes a problem fix that was discovered in the days of PT10 will be useful, if it's a problem inherited by the current version.

I understand if you don't feel like reading ten pages of a forum, but I thought it might bring you closer to a solution. It seems like a critical issue, so I would think it would be worth spending 20 minutes poking through that thread. That particular thread explains the significance of the .lproj files and how to access them, by the way.