Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2012, 09:07 PM

Angry Audio stopped worknig

Trying to finish recording on a song, but now I have no audio. The meters are still fine and I haven't changed anything since my last session. There is no audio on any of my previous songs. My eleven rack is fine (it works and outputs audio when I shut pro tools down). It's like my entire sessions are on mute now.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:39 PM

Default Re: Audio stopped worknig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covenslayer View Post
Trying to finish recording on a song, but now I have no audio. The meters are still fine and I haven't changed anything since my last session. There is no audio on any of my previous songs. My eleven rack is fine (it works and outputs audio when I shut pro tools down). It's like my entire sessions are on mute now.
Yu have not provided a lot of information to let people help you. There is a basic amount of information that is helpful and a somewhat standard troubleshooting approach with Pro Tools, see the "Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!" link above and the links embedded in that.

What do you mean you have no audio? No audio from what? The guitar input or from a pre-recorded audio track in the session? From an midi or instrument track? You need to describe exactly what is going on.

How experienced are you with Pro Tools?

The number one cause of no audio input from an Eleven Rack is having the rig input set incorrectly (e.g. reamp instead of guitar input).

Your powered monitors/amp+speakers are connected to the Eleven Rack Main L/R out? (or are you using amp1/amp2 outputs?)

Do you hear anything in if you use headphones? (unlikely to be the problem...)

You are using the Eleven Rack as the playback engine device right, you have not accidentally used an aggregate audio device?

Normally for no audio output at all I'd suspect things like the main volume is turned down on the Eleven Rack (and what of the several different volumes is the front panel volume knob set in the user options to adjust?). But if it works for other audio apps then that is unlikely the issue.

All the tracks are not muted or one track is not accidentally soloed right?

Are (any of) the track level meters moving and you not hearing anything or no meter movement either. (sounds like yes at least for some tracks - are the master track meters moving or only other tracks)

Can you post a screenshot of the full expanded mix window for your session somewhere (dropbox, flickr, etc.) and put a link here to that screenshot.

Do you have a click track (default from the session template?) - can you hear that if you enable it.

What happens if you create a new session from one of the Eleven Rack templates? Does that work as you expect?

If you have lots of plugins on your active tracks try removing them at least on one prerecorded audio track to make things as simple as possible.

If you have no prerecorded audio tracks in the session, create a stereo audio track and drag any old MP3 or AAC file to that track and see if it will play through the Eleven Rack.

Have you defaulted the I/O in the Pro Tools session that is misbehaving?

Have you trashed preferences?

The link above links to stuff that should explain these things.

Darryl
Old 08-02-2012, 12:10 AM

I second that Darryl!
Old 08-02-2012, 08:04 PM

Ok guys sorry about not giving enough info, but I didnt have a clue what happened. Now that I have had some time to mess with it, I tracked down the problem to my I/O. My main stereo outs have somehow changed to Out 1-2 (stereo) -> reamp L/R. For my session last night, I had to change to main mono out L and duplicate it for main mono out R. Ineed to find out how to get my main stereo outs back (withouit the reamp). If anyone could help, that would be greatly appreciated. This has happened on all my sessions, so I don't know if my pro tools changed or my eleven rack has changed since it is on all my songs.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covenslayer View Post
Ok guys sorry about not giving enough info, but I didnt have a clue what happened. Now that I have had some time to mess with it, I tracked down the problem to my I/O. My main stereo outs have somehow changed to Out 1-2 (stereo) -> reamp L/R. For my session last night, I had to change to main mono out L and duplicate it for main mono out R. Ineed to find out how to get my main stereo outs back (withouit the reamp). If anyone could help, that would be greatly appreciated. This has happened on all my sessions, so I don't know if my pro tools changed or my eleven rack has changed since it is on all my songs.
Default the I/O. Open Setup>IO and go and click the default button for each page there. Does that fix your problem?

Darryl
Old 08-02-2012, 10:36 PM

Talking Re: Audio stopped worknig

My problem is now fixed. Thank you very much. After defaulting my I/O, as suggested by Darryl, everything is back to normal. Thanks again.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:12 AM

I have this exact same problem... I can be playing my session back, then go back to hear it again and nothing will be heard. The meters are jumping but there is no audio. This happened tonight as I was nudging a Boom track... I went to play the section again and the entire thing totally muted on me... I did nothing to the settings or I/O. This happens a lot and I have to quit PT and bring the session back up and it plays fine... for a while. I'll recheck the hardware and it's Avid Mbox Mini as it's supposed to be.

Is it a RAM choke? Just don't know why it works one second and not the next.

Pro Tools 10.2
iMac 2.4 Core 2 Duo; 4GM 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Mbox Mini; Arturio keyboard via USB (not MIDI)