Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2011, 09:56 AM

Default Re: Standalone Core Audio Manager?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunzate View Post
More specifically, is the new core audio driver proven to be more reliable than the one included with PT8? Will those who are experiencing problems using 3rd party software with avid hardware find improvements with PT9 and associated core audio drivers?

thanks,
Adam
Digitech - If you have a minute, I'm still looking for an answer to this question. The Core audio manager is finnicky with the 002r and PT8. Does it improve with PT9?

Thanks!
Old 01-13-2011, 11:22 AM

And will I kill my Protools system if I only upgrade the new CA standalone driver, but not Protools itself?
I'm not ready to spend money again for a new version of Protools, while the version I already paid a lot of money for never really worked properly!
Old 01-14-2011, 07:40 AM

ALL.

just want to point out that i have have just upgraded to the PT 9x release.

I too was suffering from the insane issue of the CoreAudio manager not functioning in any sensible manner... BUT i downloaded the standalone CoreAudio manager for the 9x release and it seems to have fixed all my issues... so i have now upgraded to PT 9x and my issues with CoreAudio seem fixed.

If you do NOT use PT8 then you can just update to the stand alone CoreAudio from 9 which fixed my issues but PT8x did not work... hence my upgrade.

I am running an 003 on a MBP 15 with 8 gig and an external FW
Old 01-15-2011, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleydrees View Post
ALL.
If you do NOT use PT8 then you can just update to the stand alone CoreAudio from 9 which fixed my issues but PT8x did not work... hence my upgrade.
But that's exactly the point I refuse to accept: I shouldn't have to buy this upgrade to get my system to work! I bought bloody Protools and a 003R, it has never worked properly, and I expect them to fix the issues with my version of PT too. I mean, PT8 istn't exactly ancient, now is it?

It just seems hugely unfair to just tell us to buy something new again, if we want a good and stable system! We're not talking about some 30 Euro shareware.

When they announced PT 8 they made it look like the next big thing. When it turned out that there are major problems with the CA driver, they just ignored it, but gave us a new version, which of course won't be for free.
And DIGI not telling us whats going on tells us something!
Don't they care if their user base gets pissed off?

Man, why did I buy Protools? I could have gotten another interface, probably even for less money, and use it with Logic. But I wanted bloody Protools... Big mistake! Next time it's going to get something else!
That was the last time I spend a penny on Avid products!
Old 01-18-2011, 08:50 PM

Dear Digi,

Sadly, I would have to agree with Eiko. There are many of us that use more than one platform. Kind of like a painter that might choose to use a sable brush on some things, and a lama brush on others. I am one of those artists, and I really think DIGI/AVID has a moral obligation to make things right here. No time for snobbery. We all love your product. But remember, the customer is the one you have to please - and currently I am more than just a little disappointed.
Time to step up and give us a stable driver without us having to spend several hundred dollars to use what we already purchased.

Please respond.

Art Brut
Old 02-09-2011, 09:51 AM

can I intall the PT9 stand alone driver but still use my pro tools LE8?? What will happen if I install the updated Core Audio Driver and still try and use my LE8 system?