Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2018, 11:59 PM

Default Re: Edward Virtual Foley by Tovu Sound - Is it worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDDP View Post
What about M-Audio Oxygen 25 IV?
Any of them will get the job done. You asked what people are using... I use the MPK225.

Of the small keyboards (25 key or less) currently still made on the market, the MPK225 had the best feel and best build. The Oxygen feels way worse. Even the more "advanced" Akai had a worse keyboard (though more LCD screens! ). I want a sense I know what layer I'm triggering since the EVF has multiple dynamic layers of samples.

I have a little KORG microKEY too. Using that it might as well just be a 2 layer trigger keyboard.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:53 AM

Default Re: Edward Virtual Foley by Tovu Sound - Is it worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Any of them will get the job done. You asked what people are using... I use the MPK225.

Of the small keyboards (25 key or less) currently still made on the market, the MPK225 had the best feel and best build. The Oxygen feels way worse. Even the more "advanced" Akai had a worse keyboard (though more LCD screens! ). I want a sense I know what layer I'm triggering since the EVF has multiple dynamic layers of samples.

I have a little KORG microKEY too. Using that it might as well just be a 2 layer trigger keyboard.

Thanks for all of the insightful tips!
I decided to go with NI KOMPLETE KONTROL S25. The ribbon I thought would be weird but ironically once you get use to it, it's easier to use. I also like the led colors on each key that can be re-mapped.
There was a few snags to get everything working together as I am still on OS 10.10.5 and the new Komplete needs El Cap or Seirra. So I am not able to use all of the S25 features, but didn't buy it for song writing/beats. For Edwards it works perfectly, Memorial weekend Guitar Center had a sale so I got %20 off both of them.
-HD Omni
-BM Intensity Pro

-Waves Mercury+SSL4000 Collection+Abbey Roads
-iZotope RX10 Advanced
-iZotope Post Production Suite 6
-iZotope Music Production Suite 5
-HALO UP/DOWN MIX
-ANYMIX
-Delonghi Perfecta ESAM 5600.S