Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 07-09-2019, 05:45 AM

Default Cloud Plan has lapsed?

Hi,

When I fired up PTF this morning and signed in I was presented with an error dialog saying the following....

"There are one or more projects that are not synchronized to cloud stored in your Project Cache that you may not access because your cloud plan has lapsed. Click "Learn More..." to find out how to renew your cloud plan."

When I clicked "Learn More..." I get taken to My Avid Cloud but I can't see anything about my cloud plan being expired and I don't see how to renew it either.

When I dismiss the dialog my projects are missing! I had 2 online project in the cloud last night (although the My Avid Cloud tells me I have 3 but that's another problem).

Has anybody seen this before and how do I get access to my online projects back? I've tried logging in/out several times and rebooting my PC but it makes no difference.

Help! I've included a screen shot of the error and My Avid Cloud.

PTF 2018.5
Windows 10
Scarlett 6i6
Attached Images
File Type: jpg problem.JPG (26.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cloud.jpg (33.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-07-2019, 12:53 PM

Default Re: Cloud Plan has lapsed?

same thing happened to me.. i thought they fixed this in the update. smh
Old 08-07-2019, 05:56 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatJo View Post
Hi,

When I fired up PTF this morning and signed in I was presented with an error dialog saying the following....

"There are one or more projects that are not synchronized to cloud stored in your Project Cache that you may not access because your cloud plan has lapsed. Click "Learn More..." to find out how to renew your cloud plan."

When I clicked "Learn More..." I get taken to My Avid Cloud but I can't see anything about my cloud plan being expired and I don't see how to renew it either.

When I dismiss the dialog my projects are missing! I had 2 online project in the cloud last night (although the My Avid Cloud tells me I have 3 but that's another problem).

Has anybody seen this before and how do I get access to my online projects back? I've tried logging in/out several times and rebooting my PC but it makes no difference.

Help! I've included a screen shot of the error and My Avid Cloud.

PTF 2018.5
Windows 10
Scarlett 6i6

Seems that your Cloud storage plan has expired. Click on the Change my Cloud plan link on your Avid Account to reactivate.
Old 08-07-2019, 06:18 PM

I didn't know that pro tools first cloud plan expires..? I thought it was free and you get 3 free online projects. also if my cloud plan has lapsed then why are my local projects the ones that are deleting? I have got this message after updating to 2019.
Old 08-08-2019, 10:20 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsjake View Post
I didn't know that pro tools first cloud plan expires..? I thought it was free and you get 3 free online projects. also if my cloud plan has lapsed then why are my local projects the ones that are deleting? I have got this message after updating to 2019.
The 1 GB/3 projects plan does not. There might have been an issue with the cloud storage syncing with your account. But I can see that you already have a regular version of Pro tools. You can save sessions on this version on any local drives without the need to be signed in and store on the cloud.

I suggest creating a support case at http://avid.force.com/Support/RegistrationCaseCreation and report the lost projects to have the tech team try to recover it if they still have it on the cloud.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:58 PM

Yeah I just upgraded to official pro tools because its not worth the headache. even if the update fixed it I just can't trust to do anything on the pro tools first software anymore. I am currently creating a case to try and maybe get my projects back. thanks for your help.
Old 08-09-2019, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsjake View Post
Yeah I just upgraded to official pro tools because its not worth the headache. even if the update fixed it I just can't trust to do anything on the pro tools first software anymore. I am currently creating a case to try and maybe get my projects back. thanks for your help.
Very good advice. I cannot understand why people value their own time and work so little to put up with the Avid cloud mess. Upgrade to Pro Tools standard, or use another DAW. You time is worth much more than putting up with this mess.
Old 08-09-2019, 11:02 PM

For what it’s worth, this error went away on me after a day and my online projects were again available. I had a subsequent problem afterwards where my project in the cloud got corrupted and I lost access to it completely. AVID support were brilliant and restored the the project in the cloud for me and I was able to get it back. Since then I’ve made everything local.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk