Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 06-15-2019, 10:49 PM

Default Duplicating a Project (save as?)

I am currently using Pro Tools first and have about a dozen offline projects currently. I have one project that I am working on that I want to experiment going in a different direction with so basically I need to duplicate it and then mess around with the copy.

Is there a way to do that? In audacity which I used to use you would just go FILE, Save AS and give it a new name. Same in Word, Excel etc.

Thanks.
Old 06-15-2019, 11:37 PM

Default Re: Duplicating a Project (save as?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barryd View Post
I am currently using Pro Tools first and have about a dozen offline projects currently. I have one project that I am working on that I want to experiment going in a different direction with so basically I need to duplicate it and then mess around with the copy.

Is there a way to do that? In audacity which I used to use you would just go FILE, Save AS and give it a new name. Same in Word, Excel etc.

Thanks.
You would be better off posting this question in the Pro Tools First section of DUC.

http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138
Old 06-15-2019, 11:39 PM

Is it not the same procedure for both versions? Assuming there is a procedure.
Old 06-15-2019, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Is it not the same procedure for both versions? Assuming there is a procedure.
You are working with Projects and the mutant local version of those provided in First, not the local Sessions format that almost everybody else here uses. (I've tried to explain this to you before. And been clear that for what you are doing I would not be using First. But that is your choice). But you are likely asking in the wrong place.

Almost every user in this forum section does not use Pro Tools First, will likely have no idea what First does now with local Projects caching etc. A few users here might use Project/collaboration with Standard/Ultimate but the place you will likely get best help is the First forum.
Old 06-15-2019, 11:56 PM

And Pro Tools standard and Ultimate have Save As... and Save Copy In... (and it's Save Copy In that is the really useful one). Both well described in the Pro Tools Reference Guide. I have no idea what Pro Tools First provides.
Old 06-16-2019, 12:32 AM

Moved it to PT|First Discussion

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 06-16-2019, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Moved it to PT|First Discussion
Ok thanks. Hopefully someone who does have an idea how Pro Tools first works might answer then.

It would seem a pretty fundamental, basic and important feature really to have even in the entry level platform to this DAW.
Old 06-16-2019, 01:47 PM
Avid

Quote:
Ok thanks. Hopefully someone who does have an idea how Pro Tools first works might answer then.

It would seem a pretty fundamental, basic and important feature really to have even in the entry level platform to this DAW.
Sorry, this is not included on the latest release of Pro Tools First. Please feel free to add this at the Feature Request section of the Pro Tools Lounge inside the Avid Link app.
Old 06-16-2019, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Sorry, this is not included on the latest release of Pro Tools First. Please feel free to add this at the Feature Request section of the Pro Tools Lounge inside the Avid Link app.
Ok thanks.
Old 10-26-2019, 09:37 AM

I was wondering where save as or duplicate session was too. Also it’s annoying that your actual session files are placed in an predetermined folder and can’t be moved. Things like this make upgrading to a $29 month subscription not worth it. Pro Tools ain’t that special. I left in 2006 to move to Ableton Live and I wanted to revisit some old Pro Tools songs. Better of just using my old G4 Mac and Pro Tools 5.1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk