Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 05-10-2019, 09:56 AM

Default Re: The owner has deleted shared project

Thanks again!

Marco
Old 05-10-2019, 10:04 AM

Once again - I´m very dissapointed.

I have attached a Screenshot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bildschirmfoto 2019-05-10 um 18.59.07.jpg (70.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-13-2019, 03:59 AM

I have updated now to pro tools 2019.5 and after 10 minutes of work the message came out again. It is unusable. How can I learn using Pro Tools in this way??
Is there any chance to get this issue solved soon?
Thanks

Marco
Old 05-13-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netmania View Post
Hi Marco,

as Avid themselves are stating in their known issues:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Projects and Collaboration

Disconnecting from the internet or closing a project during project synchronization can result in failed project synchronization. (PT-202643)

To prevent potential synchronization with projects, do not disrupt the project synchronization while it is in progress. Avoid disconnect- ing from the internet, turning off WiFi, shutting your laptop, or quitting Pro Tools | First during this time. To monitor the progress of project synchronization, choose Window > Task Manager.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And this Issue is not new - it can be found in Documentaries for several PT First Versions before. You will find the complete Issue Overview under Read Me First in your Account under Pro Tools Downloads.

That means, if my Mac - for whatever reason - decides to disconnect my Wifi (Also a very familiar issue under MacOs Mojave!!!) risk is very high that PT First deletes the session files for itself. Without anything i can do.

Best wishes

Mike
Hi All, I had this very issue on Sunday.

I'd been telling a friend about new features, and how it would help us being able to collaborate on his recordings.

I'd imported some of my his audio tracks, when a short lived power cut turned off the router and when I came back to the project, it had vanished from the PC!

I checked on YouTube, and someone had very recently posted a video about this issue.

I really can't believe that this is not a bug! How can it be acceptable that losing work through a loss of internet is not a major issue!

I may have to reconsider recommending Pro Tools First to my friend.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 05-14-2019, 08:01 AM

Same problem, only that it seems it has to do with project sync on the cloud. If you create a new project without backing it up to the cloud, at some point it will delete the project.
I was doing some testing yesterday, and I've found that if you create a project with cloud backup, PTF won't delete it, it will just warn you that you are working with a project not synced to the cloud and will ask if you want to keep working or close the project for cloud sync.
So I would advise that if you don't want to lose your project, accept cloud backup when creating it, and after you are done just delete it from the cloud and keep it in your hard drive.
I have a theory: it might be a problem derived from a combo of iCloud Drive's selective file backup to cloud that disrupts your session's file structure and internal backups... though I'm not 100% sure since I didn't try shutting down iCloud Drive Documents folder sync since I already needed some sleep.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:09 AM

Same problem too, but on Windows 10. Will try your process. On Sunday, I lost a project which I was helping a friend with. Had the project open and saved locally, then lost internet due to a power cut, came back to it and the project vanished!!

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 05-14-2019, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgdeschamps View Post
Same problem, only that it seems it has to do with project sync on the cloud. If you create a new project without backing it up to the cloud, at some point it will delete the project.

I was doing some testing yesterday, and I've found that if you create a project with cloud backup, PTF won't delete it, it will just warn you that you are working with a project not synced to the cloud and will ask if you want to keep working or close the project for cloud sync.

So I would advise that if you don't want to lose your project, accept cloud backup when creating it, and after you are done just delete it from the cloud and keep it in your hard drive.

I have a theory: it might be a problem derived from a combo of iCloud Drive's selective file backup to cloud that disrupts your session's file structure and internal backups... though I'm not 100% sure since I didn't try shutting down iCloud Drive Documents folder sync since I already needed some sleep.
Thanks. Sounds really helpful to me!

Marco
Old 05-14-2019, 09:03 AM

I do think Avid should look into it, since I don't think that would be the correct workflow.
Also, if someone from Avid's support team is reading this thread: you guys should really write down an explanation on PTF's help docs regarding project creation with no cloud back up/sync. How it should work, troubleshooting, etc. because it is annoying that local project creation is being touted as a new feature and there is no written support for it, and the application is erasing said projects within 5 to 10 minutes of creation with no chance of recovering the files you already recorded.

EDIT: I'm testing PTF's local project creation -no cloud sync or backup- using a wired internet connection (ethernet) and it's not presenting the problem, so if anyone here wants to try it out to confirm this...

Last edited by jgdeschamps; 05-14-2019 at 10:53 AM.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:51 AM

Have another problem now. Project counts says 2/3 but i have deleted all and there are no projects in my 'open' folder. Solutions?

Marco
Old 05-14-2019, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zardy View Post
Have another problem now. Project counts says 2/3 but i have deleted all and there are no projects in my 'open' folder. Solutions?

Marco
Try using a wired internet connection so it syncs with Avid's servers in a more reliable way. A great number of users here are having the same problem as you do.