Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 05-03-2019, 10:49 AM

Default "The Project owner has deleted the shared project" - offline Projects lost

I had at least a dozen projects saved locally on my computer and yesterday updated the Pro Tools First to Version 2018.7 and now I cannot find my projects. Did the update delete my projects? any Ideas of how to restore them?

Thank you,
Denis
Old 05-03-2019, 11:05 AM

Default "The Project owner has deleted the shared project"

Hi, i am a newby i'm using pro tools first to try to learn how to use the software. I have a big problem that's not letting me improve.

Everytime i am working on a project, suddently a pop un come out saying "the owner of the project has deleted the shared project..." or something similar and everything will be deleted with no possibility to open it again.

What does it mean? The owner of the project should be me, but i did not delete anything.

Thanks for your help guys

Inviato dal mio STF-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk
Old 05-07-2019, 02:05 AM

Default All my projects vanished

Hi all

Newbie here. Been getting to grips with Pro Tools first for a couple of months after using Audacity for a couple of years. Its my first proper DAW and its been a bit of a steep learning curve. Been trying to join this forum for a while now but had a lot of trouble getting registered.

Anyway I managed eventually so first question if I may.

I know with Pro Tools first your only supposed to be allowed three projects but I assumed they were online projects so I had about twenty on the go which were offline. On Sunday night after a long session I got some obscure message appear which I just cancelled and then all my projects just vanished apart from two that were online projects. Gone. rebooted and still not there.

Any idea why where or how? Can they be recovered?

I use the PC version on a Windows 10 PC.

Will probably have tons of questions now Ive finally managed to join.

Last edited by Barryd; 05-07-2019 at 08:14 AM.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:45 AM

Default Re: The owner has deleted shared project

Same issue here. Had some advice from someone on fb to not name your project with a previous name. Which I thought would work but today, I opened the same project continuing my work and this message popped up. I have a feeling it may have to do with being connected to the interned but I cannot be sure since the last time it happened I was not connected for the internet.
Old 05-07-2019, 12:13 PM

Default Re: All my projects vanished

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...t-files-stored

Please be sure to read the PTF manual on how to manage projects.

System Details
Old 05-08-2019, 02:16 AM

I don't know. I was always connected to the internet when it happened.
Another thing I have noticed is that the count of my projects is not up to date. I have now 0 projects but the count says 2/3. Anyone?
Thanks

Marco
Old 05-08-2019, 04:06 AM

Default Re: All my projects vanished

Thanks. That image shows me the folder they are stored in I think but how do I go about getting them back? When I open pro tools I just get an option to open or create and in open there are just four projects now. Three online ones and one offline I created last night.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:23 AM

Same happened to me many times. I was hoping this problem get a fix with 2019.5. It did not. This morning i made a session with PT First - it`s now officially announced that i can record as many sessions as i like.

After the lunch i was coming back, my mac lost Wifi Connection - an i got this message like in this post stated. I could not change anything. My work from 4 hours was completely removed from my harddisk - without my permission. This is a complete no go. It seems to me that this is the worst decision to trust my intellectual work to this product. And furthermore - will not lead me to upgrade to any Pro Tools Version.

I am working with Audio Sequencer Applications since 30+ Years. Started with 12, 24 , Cubit , Cubase, Magix, Logic 9, Logic X. Never ever in my whole Life i had this kind of issue. This has to be fixed immediately - otherwise i can not recommend Pro Tools First for my students to start.

Hoping that someone from the Avid Staff takes this to responsible person.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:30 AM

So you also think it's an internet connection issue? Any official ProTools answer?

Thanks

Marco
Old 05-10-2019, 08:55 AM

Hi Marco,
as Avid themselves are stating in their known issues:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Projects and Collaboration
Disconnecting from the internet or closing a project during project synchronization can result in failed project synchronization. (PT-202643)
To prevent potential synchronization with projects, do not disrupt the project synchronization while it is in progress. Avoid disconnect- ing from the internet, turning off WiFi, shutting your laptop, or quitting Pro Tools | First during this time. To monitor the progress of project synchronization, choose Window > Task Manager.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And this Issue is not new - it can be found in Documentaries for several PT First Versions before. You will find the complete Issue Overview under Read Me First in your Account under Pro Tools Downloads.

That means, if my Mac - for whatever reason - decides to disconnect my Wifi (Also a very familiar issue under MacOs Mojave!!!) risk is very high that PT First deletes the session files for itself. Without anything i can do.

Best wishes

Mike