Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 07-15-2019, 07:05 PM

Default 32 bit aax plugins in Pro Tools 1st?

Is it possible.. I'm just not yet technical enough.. i've been searching online and throughout the community...

Can I use older 32 bit aax plugins in Pro Tools 1st somehow.. it seems like a yes, but i'm just not clear on this.. some kind of wrapper.. ? Or maybe it's an absolutely not on the new 64bit DAWs... ?

(i only have the 32bit versions.. I don't know why for sure.. I can't find the download files either.. it's been a long time since I got them.. many versions of PT and mac's since.. )

As well.. any way to convert .dpm plugins?
Old 07-15-2019, 08:32 PM

Default Re: 32 bit aax plugins in Pro Tools 1st?

Nope. Nope., and Nope. Pro Tools First, like Pro Tool is now a 64-bit application.

And not just any AAX plugin can run in Pro Tools First. It has to be ones you purchased through the Avid Store.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 07-15-2019 at 09:52 PM.
Old 07-15-2019, 11:53 PM

Default Re: 32 bit aax plugins in Pro Tools 1st?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caz View Post
Is it possible.. I'm just not yet technical enough.. i've been searching online and throughout the community...

Can I use older 32 bit aax plugins in Pro Tools 1st somehow.. it seems like a yes,
Why does it seem like yes?
Over and over again now you've been told no. You cannot run 3rd party plugins in Pro Tools First. There are no plugin wrappers that are made by Avid. You can't just make things up because you don't want to pay Avid. They've locked it out.

So: No. No. No.

And no, you can't convert 32 bit AAX to 64 bit. The developer of the plugin has to do it. And you can't convert dpm to AAX. You don't have to be "technical" you just have to listen to what everyone is telling you and stop dreaming.

Pay your money to Avid if you want to use third party plugins.

At this point, we've reached the definition of insanity. I'm out.
Pro Tools Ult 2024.3, HDX 2, MTRX/SPQ, RME BBF Pro + MADIface Pro • S1 x 2, Fire HD10 + Max11, Dock, iPad Air5 • Mac Mini 14,12, 12 core, macOS 13.6.5 • RAM 32GB, SSD 4TB, GPU 19 core • QNAP TVS-872XT 148TB TB3
Old 07-16-2019, 11:05 AM
Blue Cat Audio

Default Re: novice needs help.. PT 1st upgrade / missing plugins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
so these.. like Blue Cat Patchwork won't work in PT First..
They won't because they are third party plugins
Well, PatchWork is now available on the AVID marketplace so it should now load in Pro Tools First once purchased from there.
Old 07-16-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecataudio View Post
Well, PatchWork is now available on the AVID marketplace so it should now load in Pro Tools First once purchased from there.
Nicely trolled.

Can you please let everybody know your free telephone support hotline, we will happily send lost folks over to you.
Old 07-18-2019, 12:43 AM
Blue Cat Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Nicely trolled.

Can you please let everybody know your free telephone support hotline, we will happily send lost folks over to you.
We simply saw our software mentioned in the thread and thought it was worth clarifying, as we often get this question on support: for AAX, you indeed need to purchase the plug-ins on the Marketplace to load them in Pro Tools first, but it also works for third party plug-ins such as ours, that are now available there (you are not limited to stock AVID plug-ins).

And regarding 32-bit vs 64-bit, it is definitely not possible for AAX, even if there are (more or less ugly) ways for other plug-ins formats on other platforms. It is generally not a great idea to bridge plug-ins thru another process: it is probably easier (and safer) to keep an old machine running in full 32-bit mode with an old version of Pro Tools, if you really need to use older plug-ins.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecataudio View Post
We simply saw our software mentioned in the thread and thought it was worth clarifying, as we often get this question on support: for AAX, you indeed need to purchase the plug-ins on the Marketplace to load them in Pro Tools first, but it also works for third party plug-ins such as ours, that are now available there (you are not limited to stock AVID plug-ins).
I think there's a hole somewhere in the system, I never bought my Volko Audio American EQ collection through the marketplace yet they show in my plugin list in Avid Link like it was purchased there, I'm sure I could use them in PTF if I wanted.
Old 07-18-2019, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
I think there's a hole somewhere in the system, I never bought my Volko Audio American EQ collection through the marketplace yet they show in my plugin list in Avid Link like it was purchased there, I'm sure I could use them in PTF if I wanted.
Nope! Not in PT First. Try and see. I tried with a lot of plugins in a PTF install on a scrappy PC laptop and no go here.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————