Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 06-26-2019, 10:40 AM

Default Re: "The Project owner has deleted the shared project" - offline Projects lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Project data is stored in your Documents > Pro Tools > Project Cache but Pro Tools First won't recognize it if moved/restored manually. If you have unique audio you might want to export it (mixed or individual tracks with/without effects) as a backup.

If your internet connection is solid then it never has to re-connect so you won't experience the problem. If your internet is not reliable you should disable it, launch PT and work on your Project, quit PT, then enable internet. Again, this is only if you are using local-only Projects (cloud Projects are not affected).
Ok thanks. I think I tried connecting with no internet on my laptop and it complained about it then something about stuff not being synchronised. Will check it again.
Old 06-26-2019, 11:08 AM

Default Re: "The Project owner has deleted the shared project" - offline Projects lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barryd View Post
Ok thanks. I think I tried connecting with no internet on my laptop and it complained about it then something about stuff not being synchronised. Will check it again.
If you're working with local-only Projects you don't need an internet connection but still need to sign into Pro Tools First.

More importantly... the update released today fixes this, so please update ASAP. Thanks!
Old 06-26-2019, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
If you're working with local-only Projects you don't need an internet connection but still need to sign into Pro Tools First.

More importantly... the update released today fixes this, so please update ASAP. Thanks!
Thanks. So the fix is out. Not got Pro tools open on this laptop but presume there is an update option somewhere?
Old 06-27-2019, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Thanks. So the fix is out. Not got Pro tools open on this laptop but presume there is an update option somewhere?
The updated version will be in the ProTools | First area.

System Details
Old 07-06-2019, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkgear View Post
The updated version will be in the ProTools | First area.
Thanks. Just got around to doing this.

Is this it? Its massive and will take me yonks to download on my connection. Just want to be sure its the right one first. I presume its a complete new install then not just an update. Will it keep all my settings, files etc?

Old 07-06-2019, 01:23 AM

Thats the one. Takes a few minutes here. Do you still have a 9600 dial up modem when you say it will take ”yonks” ...

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 07-06-2019, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Thats the one. Takes a few minutes here. Do you still have a 9600 dial up modem when you say it will take ”yonks” ...
9600 Baud modem!!! Oooh how I would love a 9600!!! Still on 1200 here and some woman with a 40s hair style who speaks like the Queen has to connect you. I live out in the sticks so its not great!

Ive set it away downloading anyway. Will be back in a week.

Ill try it on the laptop first as it doesnt matter if it screws that one up. I have a lot of ongoing projects on my main PC though and ill be twitching a bit upgrading that one.
Old 07-06-2019, 04:43 AM

Ok a few observations. It finally downloaded and Ive installed it and been playing about with it. I was a bit alarmed at some of the release notes that are linked to the Avid site which say Xpand!2 is not included in the installer and then further down in updates it says there are issues with the Xpand!2 installer but after installing mine is there so maybe it was because it was already installed I dont know.

Im working on my test laptop so it doesnt matter if it goes awry. Everything seemed to work as it should. I tried disconnecting the internet and all seemed ok (twice). The only thing I noticed (and this may have been covered) is if you start PTF with no internet connection it complains about not being able to sign in but you get this message below.

Click cancel and it lets you in but there are no projects.

Reconnect the internet and they all come back. I think someone mentioned uninstalling Avid project manager or something to get round this problem but you cant access your offline projects without at least being connected to the internet when you sign in. It seems you can disconnect once signed in though and work away.

Just toying with the idea of updating my main PC now.

I should add that all my projects are offline projects on this laptop.
Old 07-07-2019, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Ok a few observations. It finally downloaded and Ive installed it and been playing about with it. I was a bit alarmed at some of the release notes that are linked to the Avid site which say Xpand!2 is not included in the installer and then further down in updates it says there are issues with the Xpand!2 installer but after installing mine is there so maybe it was because it was already installed I dont know.

Im working on my test laptop so it doesnt matter if it goes awry. Everything seemed to work as it should. I tried disconnecting the internet and all seemed ok (twice). The only thing I noticed (and this may have been covered) is if you start PTF with no internet connection it complains about not being able to sign in but you get this message below.

Reconnect the internet and they all come back. I think someone mentioned uninstalling Avid project manager or something to get round this problem but you cant access your offline projects without at least being connected to the internet when you sign in. It seems you can disconnect once signed in though and work away.

Just toying with the idea of updating my main PC now.

I should add that all my projects are offline projects on this laptop.
This is how PTF works. This is from the FAQ:

An internet connection is not required when working with local Projects in Pro Tools | First though you must be signed in within Pro Tools | First to create or open them (since that controls access to your local Project cache). Working with cloud Projects does require an internet connection.

System Details
Old 12-13-2019, 08:37 PM

The big F bomb exploded on me. I wasn't aware of this bug until it hit me not long ago. I lost a project worth of few days of hard work. Definitely a stupid bug and not a good feature with Pro Tools First. PTF should allow its users the ability to save the projects locally on local computer. I mean locally on the desktop's hard drive, with users ability to see like any other windows/mac files that can be opened with the PTF, not as just cache.

Now, I just upgraded to PTF 2019.6. Will see how it goes. If not, I will have to switch to another DAW.

A pissed off boy.