Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2019, 09:08 AM

Default Re: 11R SPDIF intermittent problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Define not work. Eleven Rack Input and/or output? not working? No signal at all? clicking? drop outs? What are you feeding this with to drive a signal? Have you tried to confirm some other way that the signal is actually there? What do the relevant meters in the Eleven Rack front panel rig display show (scroll to the far right of the rig)?

Short audio cables should work most of the time. Weather your particular cable will, we cannot guess. Start by gettign things set up properly with a correct impedance RCA S/PDIF (or video) cable, ideally one you know/can test works elsewhere.

When things don't work is the Eleven Rack working at all? Test with a guitar and monitors directly connected to the Eleven Rack (don't power cycle, the S/PDIF problem happens... just plug stuff into the ER and test if the guitar works (remember to set the Eleven Rack input to "guitar In")). How old is this ER/where did you get it? What version is the unit? (last letter of serial number on label on back panel).

You can also troubleshoot things by testing what you have with other devices, lie the S/PDIF in on a consumer audio preamp or the S/PDIF out on a computer or MP/3 player etc. driving the interface S/PIF in.

Make sure you have the clock settings correct and the Digital In on the Eleven Rack set correctly.

If you want more help describe your setup in enough detail so we can see what you are doing.

I have a similar problem with my eleven rack. I have a focusrite Scarlett 18i20 and I'm running my eleven rack via S/PDIF.

In my focusrite control, I get input from my eleven rack, but I am not getting any output level in pro tools if I want to re-amp. In the manual of the Scarlett, you have to use outputs 10 and 11 for S/PDIF out because it does not have the same naming convention as the Inputs. I am not getting any output from that.

Is there a posibility that I have a faulty S/PDIF in on my Eleven rack?? Or is there just a routing problem?? I am using S/DIF cables, not RCA. When I'm re-amping, I set my Rig Input to Digital L/R. My output in pro tools to my re-amp track is set to output 10 and 11, which is the outputs for the S/PDIF. And lastly, I set my re-amp track's input to S/PDIF in.

I tested my Scarlett.. There is no problem with my interface??

Pretty please.. Help me..