Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)

Old 07-22-2020, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Sonarworks Reference 4 - Digi 002r Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasman View Post
Do the interfaces you are using have their own internal mixers? The Focusrite Saffire Pro interface I used has an internal mixer called Saffire Mix Control. I inserted the reference mike into input 1 of the interface. Opened a Protools session with Sonar Works inserted as a plugin on a stereo track and opened calibration page. Opened Saffire Mix Control and adjusted level of test tone from input fader one in Mix Control until Sonar Works detected optimal level. Once that was done, I was able to complete the other calibration points and save the profile.
Seems like the long way around, but at least it worked With ARC 3, I opened the calibration mode, selected my interface and input and proceeded thru the process. Now, with Sonarworks taking several more "snapshots", I could see how that would give it more readings to average, but whether that's better or not is anybody's guess

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 07-25-2020, 10:33 AM

Default Re: Sonarworks Reference 4 - Digi 002r Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasman View Post
Do the interfaces you are using have their own internal mixers? The Focusrite Saffire Pro interface I used has an internal mixer called Saffire Mix Control. I inserted the reference mike into input 1 of the interface. Opened a Protools session with Sonar Works inserted as a plugin on a stereo track and opened calibration page. Opened Saffire Mix Control and adjusted level of test tone from input fader one in Mix Control until Sonar Works detected optimal level. Once that was done, I was able to complete the other calibration points and save the profile.
No the Digi 002 or M-Box doesn't have it's own internal mixer, and doing the calibration testing while Pro Tools is running didn't work either because PT or the ASIO drivers take exclusive control of the input/outputs etc. Even with disabling this in windows sound settings I couldn't select an input/out in reference.

Anyway, I gave up on trying to do the calibration with my Avid devices, the ASIO drivers for both haven't been updated in years and along with Sonarworks support we figured this might be the culprit.

Eventually I ordered one of these new 2 channel focusrite gen 3 thingy's, should arrive next week or so.

For reference 4, Iv been working on headphones all day with the calibration plug-in on my 2buss and I must admit I like it. Usually I cant work longer than 20 minutes at a time on headphones, now I didn't bother me at all. A proof to me that a flat response really does wonders on headphones and hopefully does the same on my speaker set-up.

Meanwhile I'm looking to sell my M-Box 2 Mini along with a perpetual PT10 license and an Ilok gen 1. Back in the day, 2014 I think when PT 12 came out I kept my PT 10 licence instead of upgrading, as many were scared of the surrender policy back then. So I used the hardware serial to upgrade my second license to PT12 and beyond. So the PT10 licence is sitting ducks in my account since then. The hardware cant be used to upgrade any more though.

Cheers