Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2006, 01:48 AM

Default \"South by North\" mixed at the DubStage

Last friday here in Warsaw took place the world's premiere of "South by North" (feature film written and directed by Lukasz Karwowski) which was mixed by Marti Humphrey at "the Dubstage" in Burbank, CA.
Dr sound and his mixing partner Chris Jacobson did great job with this mix, so I would like to recommend this facility for everyone who is looking for the great sound and smooth workflow. The room sounds great and the mix translates really good, when is played in another room; picture is played from VVTR, so you can forget about the locktime; now you can work without printed predubs, so this means, that if you want to do some fixes in those predubs in the end of the mix, you can do it, beacuse they all stay virtual. And the most important - the knoledge and experience of people who are doing the mix (I mean Marti and Chris); you belive the sound, you understand all mixer's decisions, without any explanation, becuase you hear it...
So I would like to thank Marti and Chris for their great work, and tell all the people here, that if you are looking for a great mixing facility, TheDubStage in Burbank should be the 1st place you call, even if you may have to fly over the ocean to do the mix (as I did)

Best regards
Kuba
Old 10-09-2006, 06:49 PM

Default Re: \"South by North\" mixed at the DubStage

...Looking forward to seeing (hearing) your film ...
and you're right .. they're really good guys.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:24 PM

Default Re: \"South by North\" mixed at the DubStage

Kuba,
Thank for the opportunity to work on "South by North". Kuba did some of the Sound Editorial on the movie and brought his Pro Tools files and PAL Video here where we mixed it. It is a VERY GOOD MOVIE! Prior to mixing the movie, the Director flew into LA and we watched the film to see if I was interested and I said " YES I Want To Mix It!!” It should be an Academy Nominee for Best Foreign Film. I'd never mixed a Feature in Polish, but it was one of those once in a lifetime rewarding projects that come along, this time all the way from Poland!!!
IMDB http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0401937/
Like everything in life, there are no guarantees just opportunities.