Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2011, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Hope you're Happy Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
I doubt it's news to anyone that we lost one of our main DigiTechSupt contributors. We don't want to minimize that.

We do want you to know that there are still people here that are just as passionate about our products as you are, and we come in every day to help as many customers as we can and get your feedback into Engineering to make our products better. It's been a very tough week for many, but we will continue to support you best we can.

Thank you.
I hope you are looking for a new job because you're going to be training some folks in India to do yours for half the price in the next few weeks...This happened at DELL many years ago when I worked there-- I was training a new team of people who became the trainers for the Indian Cust service all center-- they laid of 500 people that week to give the jobs away.

And you're CEO will take an extra $500,000 bonus
Old 10-29-2011, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micks_Mix View Post
@ Chuck,

??? I think no one needs such comments....

Wha? I'm willing to listen and learn and adjust my future comments, and this may be a learning point for me. But what are you referring to? Or what do you mean exactly?

1.that nobody needs to hear anything that my post said
2. or are you referring to the comment about WWII SS?

Well, when DigiTech support deletes posts on this board, and Russ comments on his board that he's through with hearing negative comments, and another board are deleting negative comments, and Facebook/Avid are deleting comments.... why do you think that my comment is not needed? Or in bad taste? It certainly seems like this type of atmosphere and environment where the workers can not get actual feedback to the board members past their management on what is really happening at the front. In the trenches. It does actually seem like a war, a battle. And it does seem that there is no venue to shout off about the unfairness.

Each relase of the past 3 have slammed the door on the foot of and in the face of some group of PT users. It seems really really odd.

So my comment came from that background of thought. Plus I am asking DigiTechSupport if he/she is making any efforts, or if there is any venue in place to get someone who can do something about it to listen to our honest complaints. I'm just asking that question.

If my using a metaphor from a very negative social atmosphere in human history is offensive, then I apologize. But to me, it honestly seems that this is the current atmosphere we are experiencing here. I can state it differently, and I will endeavor to in the future. I do apologize.

I was at one time honored to be a beta tester. I was honestly dumfounded when one day one of the testers voraciously voiced his/her opinion on the beta testing discussion boards, and the management asked them to desist and to focus on just testing. And there was a threat to disband the tester if he/she would not comply. Also there was a call to show rather a love and positive spin on the product we were testing and to show our loyalty and love for that and the processes involved.

"This" to me shown a light on my outlook on the company that makes and runs the software that I personally love to work with. It is totally an atmosphere as I painted the picture by using my metaphor from my viewpoint of those actions I personally experienced. That person is on the boards here today and posting positive and useful helpful remarks. They may have gotten over it, but I sure have not.

But I do note your point and reference.

In the end I too did enjoy using the features of PT10, and I will make the upgrade in the 5 months that it will honestly take me to save up that price. And I will love the product still.

But honestly it has pained me to see a group of Pro Tools users get shafted in each release. I'm not going to point out each group now, it's been listed over and over in the last few days and in numerous posts after each release.

So, why not just stop the political and management and marketing wheels dead. Stand up and announce to the users accross the board: We are not going to be releasing any new versions or upgrades until we have fully gone on to 64 bit. Every effect and plugin will have been re-written, and it all will have been tested and tested adnaseum. We will have a new hardware product line, obviously as there will be new code and all will be updated to include todays faster specs. We ask your patience with us during this interim period. Please enjoy PT10 for awhile as we will be advancing this new 64 bit version.

And just have that be it. Everyone can rest up, continue producing and creating and using the excellent software with no political cares in the world. We will know that our present equipment will be outdated and replaced, also the software. We will have the time to discuss all of this with our boards and production staff. (training). We home users will begin saving our pennies.

Why smash up against the wall the faces of dedicated, honest, loyal users over the years with hanging a fishing pole and carrot of upgrading from Le to HD with drastically reduced prices, while all the while knowing that you are actually releasing a completely new hardware line. If those same upgrading people, who are saving so much now... would instead, keep their 4k to 8k and instead put it towards the upgrade of the new hardware and HD11 software, why not rather have the honesty and these happy customers? It evades me, these business practices. This is the root of why so many people are confused by loyalties or lack of them by the company. The product is beautiful and the programmers and managers involved with producing this.

So, that's why.
Chuck

I wish you well
Chuck
Old 10-29-2011, 01:20 AM

Chuck, you got it, I am referring to 2) Comparisons like this are not very constructive but really wrong here. Yes, state it differently.

Yes, I know what you mean, I am frustrated, too. They want to charge me $1,500 for the software update. I bought my HD system 1.5 years ago, and now they tell me, that PT 10 is the latest version to support my cards and interfaces. But even the software update price alone is more than ridiculous, when keeping in mind that I also have to upgrade my hardware within the next months to run the latest PT version.

PT 9 didn't make sense for me, so I was waiting for 10, besides the new features also hoping that some annoying bugs are getting fixed. Import session data crashes and so on. And now this. Probably I will stick with PT 8.1 the next 5-10 years like I did with PT 5.1 - living with the current bugs, although the main reason why I chose PT is that it used to be a very stable, reliable and usable system, and new bugs have been fixed soon.

How to complain? This forum is made for users to help each others, not to start a war of complaints and insults, so maybe we indeed need a new forum for this, or people just ignore the new PT software and hardware and stick with their current system like I do. I am sure Avid will lower their prices if they can't sell it, that's the best weapon we can use.

BTW, I am also working as a software tester, and yes, my job is testing and reporting my results in an objective way. It doesn't help anyone if I start to value the sense of the management's decisions at the testing stage, although I am in the lucky position that I have to review the changes before they are getting implemented. But I don't know the development process at Avid. It is a common practice to involve quality assurance at the review stage. Beta tests are different, as they are the very last testing stage and all feature decisions are already made (mostly).

Mick.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:02 AM

Noted, your style of response and notes you wish to make.

Thanks
Chuck
(I think a string in me broke, and I for some reason had to express that.)