Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2010, 03:57 AM

Default Importing Pro Tools 5.1 (PC) tracks to Pro Tools M-Powered 8.0.3 (Mac)

When opening Pro Tools 5.1 (Windows XP) Sessions with Pro Tools M-Powered 8.0.3 (Mac OS X), I get the following error message: “Could not open because the session was created with an invalid configuration of Pro Tools”. Following the similar thread, I tried to set the same regional settings on Mac as on PC, but it didn't help. Deleting Pro Tools databases and preferences didn't help either.

I have no access to the original Pro Tools 5.1 system, so I can't save them in PT 5.0 format. SSL Pro-Convert seems too pricey for just three sessions. Audio data is stored as regular WAV files, so as a last resort I can rebuild them from scratch, though it can require a lot of time.

1. Is there something else I can do to open them?
2. Is it possible to save these sessions as PT 5.0 having only session files, without the actual audio data? In this case perhaps I can send them to someone able to open them and save as PT 5.0.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Importing Pro Tools 5.1 (PC) tracks to Pro Tools M-Powered 8.0.3 (Mac)

Instead of LOADING the session, have you tried IMPORTING SESSION DATA into a new session?
Old 10-01-2010, 07:23 PM

Default Re: Importing Pro Tools 5.1 (PC) tracks to Pro Tools M-Powered 8.0.3 (Mac)

Yes, the same error message appears when importing session data too.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:27 PM

I have the same issue except in reverse PT5.1 (Mac OS) to PT8 003 (Win XP) ...