Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2001, 06:09 AM

Default bouncing the tracks to h.d.

i want to know that can tow or more number of tracks be bounced at a time to cerate one single stero track to write on the CD? i know it is not posible but if some one knows the way out..... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2001, 07:25 AM

Default Re: bouncing the tracks to h.d.

One thing I like is to use a Sony C48 and an Electrovoice re20 because you can get them right up on the cones without any rumble from the bass frequencys, then put them post pre to the Avalon Tube stereo compressor, the eq on there gives you the flexibility to really hone your tone going in. this sounds unconventional but it really makes for a great tone! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2001, 05:35 PM

I didn't know that hard drives have cones...
Old 10-01-2001, 12:15 AM

i just don´t understand neither question nor answer....
juergen seems to be right, although i don´t know much about hard disks.

all i can say is that "bounce to disk" includes all tracks that are not muted. or, in other words, it includes the same mix that you hear.

kiron [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2001, 05:23 AM

Highlight everything that you want to hear i.e. a 4 minute 23 second section on tracks 1-12. Select Bounce to Disk. Go through your options - where to save it, what to name it etc, then select AIFF file, stereo interleaved, 16-bit, 44.1 kHz, convert during bounce. Start it off, and a little after 4 minutes 23 seconds you'll have a file that you can drag and drop to your CD burner.

Or you can leave the bounce as a SD11 file dual-mono, and you'll have a stereo mix of your track that you can import into your session. Now you can normalize it before you export it as an AIFF file.

Hope this helps. BTW, anyone else reckon Jason didn't mean to post in this forum?! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2001, 09:41 AM

thank you
doug ring
so far, you are the one how sah replied the apropriate answer. but let me tell you that what you have suggested to do ,is what i do regularly , but i want to bounce the track without recording the master track (more than two tracks)wchich is not possible. that is what i think.
can you please guide me some more ?
Old 10-01-2001, 03:31 PM

Mark the files that you want to have and then use "Export Selected As Files..." in the audio menu.

Hope that helps.

-Robert
Old 10-02-2001, 10:05 AM

Hi vijay, I'm not sure I understand what you want to do, then. If you're asking can you bounce files out of Pro Tools straight to a CD using a computer-based CD Burner, the answer would seem to be no. You have to either bounce the tracks in real time if you have more than one file, or as Robert suggests, you can export individual files in CD format to a new folder and then burn the contents of that folder to CD. I don't there's any way to do it in a single operation.

Can you expand a bit about what you're trying to do and why?

Doug