Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 03-30-2023, 12:08 AM

Default Plugins deactivation because update

Hello everyone,
Everything was ok until I upgrade my Mac's OS to Ventura 13.3 (I think the Os was 13.2 before that) And I had to update something in Pro Tools as well so, Pro Tools now is 2023.3.0 and when Pro Tools launched there were some plug-ins inactive, I'm talking about Ozone 10, Minigrand (that comes in the Pro Tools Package), U-He Diva, Addictive Keys and Drums, Presonus UV meters, The CUBE, and maybe others I think all the ones that aren't from Waves...
Does anybody have an idea on how to activate these plugins-ins again?
Do I have to reach the plug-ins developers to see if it is an update issue from them? I mean, Do the Plug-ins should be updated to run with this Pro-Tools update or is just a trick I don't know?

Thanks for all the help.
Pro Tools Studio Perpetual License Version 2022, updated 2023.3.0
Old 03-30-2023, 02:27 AM

Default Re: Plugins deactivation because update

Have you tried reading anything on DUC before posting this?

You need to either run Pro Tools 2023.3 under Rosetta (Google how to if not sure, it is the same way as every other App). or you need to get your act together and make sure the plugins you need are ported to Apple silicon native AAX, and yes that means reinstalling plugin updates from vendors (if they have released that support yet), including Avid for things like AIR virtual instruments including Mini Grand.

You can look at the installed plugins with Pete Gates PT Prefs 2 utility, it will show they are universal (Apple silicon and x86-64 aka Intel) or x86-64 only.

Some plugin vendors may claim "apple silicon compatible" which often means they are *not* AAX Apple silicon native but will run under Rosetta. You need to be very careful you understand exactly what vendors are claiming.

(PT Prefs will get info wrong for some previous version of Softube plugins, showing them as universal when they are not, but their latest Softube versions are all AAX apple silicon native, this is the only vendor where PT Prefs shows wrong info, because of some weirdness where Softube had packaged fragments of unusable Apple silicon native code in previous AAX plugins).

Here is a list of AAX native supported plugins: https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...-Compatibility (may have minor errors/omissions given that vendors are releasing new stuff about daily.

This is one authoritative thread you should be reading https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=415770 ignore the fumbling around at the beginning/stuff about Pro Tools expert, that is not a useful place to look.

There are hundreds and hundreds of posts on DUC about all this, we don’t need yet another thread about it.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 03-30-2023 at 02:52 AM.
Old 03-30-2023, 06:57 PM

Solution: With Ozone 10 I had to contact technical support and they sent me a link to reinstall.
With the other plug-ins I tried to run Pro Tools in Rosetta2 mode.
Do you know how to switch it?
You have to right-click the Pro Tools application in your Applications folder, and choose
"Get Info".
In that info window, you have to activate the "Open using Rosetta" option.
When you then launch Pro Tools, all plug-ins were activated.

Thanks 😊
Pro Tools Studio Perpetual License Version 2022, updated 2023.3.0
Old 04-11-2023, 04:45 AM

Thanks