Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 03-24-2023, 02:06 PM

Default Missing plugins with new 2023.3 version

Hello everyone,
we just upgraded to 2023.3 and almost every third party plugins are now missing. (Mac mini M1, Mac OS 13.2.1)
We can't find : Waves, iZotope, Arturia, most Native Instrument (except Guitar Rig, somehow???)...
Weirdly, the soundtoys are there and running ?! (and also guitar rig)

Yes, I restarted my computer. Yes, I updated my plugins.
Anybody got a solution ?

Thanks !
Old 03-24-2023, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Missing plugins with new 2023.3 version

PT now loads the Silicon version by default so what's probably happening is you've opened PT and all those plugins are not yet Silicon ready so they're absent from the list. Get Info on the ProTools app, select Open In Rosetta, open PT and you should see all those plugins again.
Old 03-24-2023, 04:24 PM

I'm having the same problem. I tried to install only 64 bit plugins.

What makes plugins compatible with silicon?

I have a huge list of plugins that won't open, but they are checked as x64 with pro tools prefs 2.

Avid pro plugins like pro compressor aren't compatible?
Old 03-24-2023, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendlybunny View Post
I'm having the same problem. I tried to install only 64 bit plugins.

What makes plugins compatible with silicon?

I have a huge list of plugins that won't open, but they are checked as x64 with pro tools prefs 2.

Avid pro plugins like pro compressor aren't compatible?
64-bits has nothing to do with it. Use Pete Gates PT Prefs 2 Utility and see if the plugins are Universal or Intel/x86 only or not. If they are not showing up in Pro Tools when it's run as Apple silicon native then the plugins are likely just not universal. And you need to go see if the plugin vendors have updates that are. And if that does not work for you then reset Pro Tools to run under Rosetta. There is nothing unexpected here.

You folks really need to get on your game, this stuff has been discussed to death here in many hundreds of posts over the last months, with lots of other users updating info on plugin support.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 03-24-2023 at 05:23 PM.
Old 03-24-2023, 05:43 PM

having the same problem and all plugins are compatible
Old 03-24-2023, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnson223 View Post
I installed Plugin Alliance Native M1 products only and a lot are not showing up unless I run PT in Rosetta.
Plugin Alliance has "Native M1" and it has "AAX Native M1"
You will find that you don't actually have AAX Native M1 (it's in the fine print on Plugin Alliance: all formats BUT AAX)
Old 03-24-2023, 05:53 PM

Quote:
I installed Plugin Alliance Native M1 products only and a lot are not showing up unless I run PT in Rosetta.
And if plugins don't show up when not run under Rosetta then they are likely *not* Apple silicon native. It's real simple.

Plugin Alliance have no AAX native apple silicon plugins, you are confusing yourself with Plugin Alliance other plugin types being Apple Silicon native. All been discussed to death... but yes Plugin Alliance sure help by not making this obvious.

Again, did you use PT Prefs 2 to actually see if the plugins you have installed are universal? Did you search DUC for all the recent posts on this?

Again, you folks really need to get on your game, this stuff has been discussed to death here in many hundreds of posts over the last months, with lots of other users updating info on plugin support.
Old 03-24-2023, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Be extra careful with those. PA has not announced that the plugs they supply are AAX Silicon Native. Using the PA Installation Manager, even if you select only M1 products, and AAX, when you mouse over each product, you'll see a "Available Formats" under the picture that displays on the right side, and a majority of them say ("M1 excl. AAX"). I'm hoping for next week, but who knows?

ref screenshot attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 5.48.36 PM.jpg (31.9 KB, 0 views)

Mac Studio Ultra : 128GB RAM : Ventura 13.6 : Carbon : PT Ultimate 2023.12 : S1 : Metagrid Pro
Old 03-24-2023, 07:19 PM

And just to cover the one corner case with PT Prefs 2. Softube plugins prior to the current/latest Softube plugin releases (which do support Apple silicon native) will show up in PT Prefs 2 marked as Universal when they are not. It's a problem caused by Softube having some Apple silicon code fragments in prior AAX plugins even when they did not actually support AAX native on Apple silicon. If your Softube plugins are not working you likely just need to upgrade to the latest.

In all other cases PT Prefs 2 is the go to tool... if it says a plugin is Universal it will be. If not it's not and you need to trust it/work out what is going on.
Old 03-24-2023, 08:26 PM

I have Neold Big Al, U17 and v76u73 + phils cascade running on 2023 native.
@massivekerry, you're right; the clue to see this in PA manager is:
("M1 excl. AAX")
- this means it's not aax native.