How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 03-24-2023, 09:16 PM

Default Re: Missing plugins with new 2023.3 version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
64-bits has nothing to do with it. Use Pete Gates PT Prefs 2 Utility and see if the plugins are Universal or Intel/x86 only or not. If they are not showing up in Pro Tools when it's run as Apple silicon native then the plugins are likely just not universal. And you need to go see if the plugin vendors have updates that are. And if that does not work for you then reset Pro Tools to run under Rosetta. There is nothing unexpected here.

You folks really need to get on your game, this stuff has been discussed to death here in many hundreds of posts over the last months, with lots of other users updating info on plugin support.
Sorry Darryl. I will try to get on my game better for you.
Old 03-24-2023, 09:41 PM

Well hop to it.

Sorry seemed harsher than intended, for your and other folks sanity I really wanted you to use and trust what PT Prefs 2 was showing you (I had asked Pete to put back the plugin info stuff in PT Prefs and so glad he did). Many other things, marketing speak from vendors etc, can be a frustrating/confusing mess.

Avid official native plugin status info is here: https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...-Compatibility

There has been lots of discussions on DUC about past updates to that that table, past errors in it etc. so if stuff there seems wrong or missing try searching DUC.

If needed the detail on AAX native plugin status can be found with a google search with site:duc.avid.com qualifier or looking at a couple of master threads here on all this https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=415770 and https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=422724
Old 03-25-2023, 10:38 AM

What worked for me was starting pro tools while holding the shift key and doing a rescan of all plugins
Old 03-25-2023, 06:35 PM

this app is great to see all your plugins as well as their status as Uni or not
https://petegates.com/pgptprefs.html

and it makes an exel sheet of the results as well

excellent info gleaned here
1/3rd are Uni rest no

Ventura ,PT 2022.10, MacbookPro 13"[2020] M1 16G, Antelope Orion 32+ Gen3..SSL Sigma summing, SMART Comp C1LA, CharterOak EQP-1 Oceanway Audio HR4S monitors . SSL X-Rack w XR618 compressors, dbx 160x [2]

Last edited by Rectifried; 03-25-2023 at 07:28 PM.
Old 03-27-2023, 03:11 AM

Yes. If it's not universal it does not work.

The real problem here is that if you erase the preference in PT then you have to go through the suffering procedure to deinstall all and feed the plugins in small chunks to make it work.
Such a pro beast and still there is no serious plugin management utility for people like me with 800 third parties plugins.
Quite annoying.

So I will have to wait a lot longer to get back all my plugins in silicon mode.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.6.0 - Monterey
MacBook M1Pro 10-16GB
Dangerous Music Summing - Focusrite Dante Rednet2 - Amek/Neve, Focusrite, TC Electronics, Mytek DA, Apogee ADDA
Old 03-27-2023, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcarola View Post
Yes. If it's not universal it does not work.

The real problem here is that if you erase the preference in PT then you have to go through the suffering procedure to deinstall all and feed the plugins in small chunks to make it work.
Such a pro beast and still there is no serious plugin management utility for people like me with 800 third parties plugins.
Quite annoying.

So I will have to wait a lot longer to get back all my plugins in silicon mode.
I just deleted ProTools Preferences and there wasn't a new scan for plugins.

And even if there was, PT *shouldn't* be unable to scan all of them in one fell swoop. I've read a few instances here where people are seeing freezes while scanning, so I know it's happening, I'm just stating that it shouldn't, and it might be worth reaching out to Avid tech support for help.
Old 03-27-2023, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
And even if there was, PT *shouldn't* be unable to scan all of them in one fell swoop. I've read a few instances here where people are seeing freezes while scanning, so I know it's happening, I'm just stating that it shouldn't, and it might be worth reaching out to Avid tech support for help.
This is a problem Avid knows about and it's always been there. If I have to do a scan, I do it in "300 plugins" chunks.
Old 03-29-2023, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
PT now loads the Silicon version by default so what's probably happening is you've opened PT and all those plugins are not yet Silicon ready so they're absent from the list. Get Info on the ProTools app, select Open In Rosetta, open PT and you should see all those plugins again.

Brother, it is so....SO rare that I google a problem and get a solid, usable and functioning answer so quickly. Bless you.
Old 03-30-2023, 01:51 AM

All missing for me too including the literal AVID plug ins.

I re installed the same dmg for Fabfilter Pro R and it works.

Are you telling me I have to hunt down all the installs for my plug ins if I have

to use silicon native???
Old 03-30-2023, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galetter View Post
All missing for me too including the literal AVID plug ins.

I re installed the same dmg for Fabfilter Pro R and it works.

Are you telling me I have to hunt down all the installs for my plug ins if I have

to use silicon native???
Yes. You need silicon native plugins to use Pro Tools native on silicon. That's up to you. Avid Link will install the Avid ones. This has been covered in multiple threads since January. One actually has a sticky in the forums. Welcome to 3 months ago.