Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 03-08-2012, 07:45 PM

Default 'save copy in' error. PT 10 to PT 9

I've been trying to save a protools 10 session as a 9. after saving copy as 'latest' converting all files to .WAV 16/48 onto another drive. then rendering clip gain (with clip gain display turned off). 'Save copy in" ver 7 -> 9, again selecting copy files and convert to .WAV.
The files copy, but a session can't be created and the same error comes up.

"could not save a copy in "name of session"because Assertion in"/Volumes/Development/ws.ProTools_10.0.1/AlturaPorts/PT4_App/MacBuild/../PtSess_Converter_7_0.cpp", line 2478"

I've used the app "delete digi databases folders" to delete prefs etc.

any other suggestions?

thanks
bruce
Old 03-10-2012, 02:05 AM

Default Re: 'save copy in' error. PT 10 to PT 9

well the problem has been solved and since I see 100 people looked at the post, someone else might benefit from the solution I got from the tech support staff at Sweetwater.

this is what they sent to me:

Most of the time "assertion" type errors are fixed by deleting the Digidesign database files. Try doing it manually from these instructions:
http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/...hp?Index=31080

If there are bad permissions, they could block it from accessing Digi databases as well. Try repairing permissions:
Quit all applications.
Go to MacintoshHD/Applications/Utilities and run Disk Utility.
Select your Macintosh HD on the left side of the application.
Then click Repair Disk Permissions at the bottom of the First Aid tab.
When it finishes, restart your computer.

The other reason we've seen that error recently is if your Playback Engine is set to something like built in input, rather than your normal interface. Double check that in ProTools under the Setup menu>Playback Engine. Make sure the first setting on that page is your HDNative driver.

If none of those solve the issues, if you're working to a dedicated audio drive, try saving the session to your desktop.