Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 04-06-2020, 03:06 AM

Default Artist Mix On Buttons flickering

Hi,

this is not really an issue but I was wondering if someone else noticed this: If I solo a track and all other On buttons are not lit, the On button starts to flicker a bit. Is that normal (I recently bought my AM used)?
Old 04-06-2020, 05:15 AM

Default Re: Artist Mix On Buttons flickering

Yes, my Artist Mix also has these flickering lights.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:33 AM

Great, everything is in order then. A little surprising to see this kind of stuff at that price point, but I guess that’s how it is with Avid

Thank you very much for the confirmation!
Old 04-06-2020, 07:17 AM

I agree, in brightly lit circumstances they become barely visible. And the flickering is a bit annoying, but I got used to it. There are other, more severe problems reported with these units. The OLED screens can turn dim or fail after time, as do the faders and I read some posts of capacitors that had to be replaced on the inside. Not trying to scare you, though. Mine is still quite usable. I think it's a great controller. In some areas even better or more logical than the new S1.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJENSEN View Post
I think it's a great controller. In some areas even better or more logical than the new S1.
For me it’s the perfect form factor and feature set. The S1 seems to be considerably deeper. I use my iPad standing next to it (with the S1 it would be blocking the screen), spilling VCAs... absolutely awesome! The controller and Eucon features made me buy Pro Tools, not the other way around.
Old 10-18-2022, 07:55 PM

Yeah that happens on mine too...only noticed it now.

Another one that happens on mine is the "REC n" and "SEL y" buttons (ones by the faders) flicker when on...but only on channels 6, 7, & 8. Odd. (Reason I ended up on this thread.)

I picked one up secondhand recently, think I got a lemon, has dodgy faders, one unusable encoder, and the panel coating is gone sticky...thinking of doing a job on it, replace all faders and encoders...I wonder could I just clear spray lacquer the panel, it'd be a pain to lose all the text by stripping it off...