Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2014, 12:04 AM

Default Pro Tools 10 won't recognize plugins!

Hi ALL!

I am really hoping someone can help me out here. I am making the shift over to Pro Tools 11. I have finally finished updating all of the plugins I can over to AAX. I have both the .aaxplugin and .dpm versions installed. Everything seems to be in the correct folders: Boot Drive/Library/Application Support/Avid…..and Digidesign. I open PT 11.1.1 and everything looks great. Then, I open up PT 10.3.8 and that's where things look wrong. For one, it loads very fast (which is unusual for the amount of plugins I have). Once up and running, all of my plugins are nonexistent. Nothing! It doesn't even give me the option to choose a plugin in an insert. The Audio Suite even says "None".

So, I move on to troubleshooting. I start with trashing the prefs: home/Library/Preferences/DAE Pref…..PT prefs….etc. Then, restart the computer. Nothing. So, I run a Disk Permissions Repair. Restart. Nothing. Then, I download a shiny new PT 10.3.8 off avid.com. Uninstall PT 10. Run a Disk Repair. Restart. Re-install PT 10.3.8. NOTHING! I am still having the same issue. I also tried moving the .dpm plugins folder to the desktop (like some PC users have tried). Nothing!

I'm at a loss. Anyone have any new ideas I can try?

Oh, and I'm sure this is in my user description, but I'm on a Mac Pro 2.26GHz 8-core Intel Xeon (Nahelam) with OSX 10.8.5.

PLEASE HELP!
Attached Images
File Type: png No Plugin.png (13.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png No Audio Suite.png (10.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-19-2014, 12:12 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10 won't recognize plugins!

Hi,

When you installed PT 10 did you also install the Avid effects?

Run the installer again and be sure the Avid effects are ticked to be installed.

That's the only thing I can think of!

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:03 AM

Check that you have the most recent installers. I just went through my iLok authorizations individually and discovered despite being installed some plugs weren't loading so I grabbed the recent installers and all is well. Pain, but at least all my stuff is working, with the exception of a couple that are no longer supported.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crizdee View Post
Hi,

When you installed PT 10 did you also install the Avid effects?

Run the installer again and be sure the Avid effects are ticked to be installed.

That's the only thing I can think of!

Chris
This doesn't explain why his existing PT10.3.8 install lost it's plugs after he installed PT11. What I'm thinking happened is when he started PT11 he got the message that some plugs were not aax compatible and accepted the offer to move them to the unused folder.

QAPLA!
Old 01-19-2014, 11:31 AM

I checked the updates. Everything I installed is up to date. I also installed the new avid effects package as well.

No plugins show up in my unused plugins folder. All .aaxplugin and .dpm plugins are were they should be. PT10 should technically be able to view AAX plugins. So, even if my .dpm plugins were added to the unused plugins, which they weren't, I should still be able to see something. Not even the stock Avid plugins will show up. If you view the pics I attached to the thread, you can see what Pro Tools 10 shows me when I select an insert or click on audio suite.

Oh, and musicman691, I'm a lady