Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 04-28-2007, 05:20 AM

Default Playback Cursor Problem...!

I'm having a very aggrevating problem with my playback cursor after i hit the spacebar and it's driving me nuts. Whenever i hit the spacebar to start playback, PT plays fine and everything with that is A-OK, but once i hit the spacebar again to stop playback, the playback cursor stays wherever it was positioned at in the song as opposed to jumping back to the begining of the song like it used to just a few days ago. I know this may seem like something very small and trivial to some, but for me it's quickly becoming a huge pain to have to scroll up to my transport and hit the back button just to get the cursor back to the begining of the song. I think i may have accidentally hit a keyboard command and didn't realize it. I have tried everything i can think of to rectify this problem but to success, and i'm quite sure it's a ridiculously simple fix. Any help would be much appreciated... Thanks.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:00 AM

Default Re: Playback Cursor Problem...!

If you click with your cursor in the timeline it will then mark that spot with the blue arrows (red if in record) as the starting point for playback. If you want to get those blue arrows (red if in record) to start from the beginning just hit return.
24 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Apogee Symphony MKII Thunderbolt 2X6
Old 04-28-2007, 09:00 AM

Quote:
I think i may have accidentally hit a keyboard command and didn't realize it.
Yep, you toggled "timeline insertion follows playback" - you can toggle it back by hitting the 'N' key or going into ProTools prefs and changing it there.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:43 AM

Quote:
once i hit the spacebar again to stop playback, the playback cursor stays wherever it was positioned at in the song as opposed to jumping back to the begining of the song
I took this to mean that when you hit the space bar to stop, the playback cursor went back to where the playback marker was when you hit play. When timeline insertion follows playback is enabled, the playback markers will jump to wherever you are when you hit stop. Have I misinterpreted your question KingAce? Either way, hitting return gets your playback arrows back to the beginning.
24 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Apogee Symphony MKII Thunderbolt 2X6
Old 04-29-2007, 09:23 AM

Slim Shady actually followed what i was saying, i did what he suggested and it's back to the way it was. I know it may have sounded a little confusing, but all is well now. Thanks for both of your help...