Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 03-10-2004, 07:06 AM

Default Trying to use two Audio Interfaces on one Mac

I have been using Protools on a Mac G4 tower with my Mbox and a keyboard connected to a usb midisport 2x2. I got Apple's Garage Band with Jam as a gift. I had to buy a MobilePre usb Preamp to get it to work. I like Garage Band because it's fast and fun to play with. However, when I try to go back to use Protools I have to disconnect one to use the other and when I do that ProTools won't recognize my keyboard. The same thing happens when I reconnect the M-Audo box. I tried connecting both a the same time and that didn't work. The only way to use both of them is to reinstall then. It appears that when I configure the M-Audio interface it disconnects the keyboard from Protools. Does anyone know if it's possible to work with two interfaces and one keyboard on one Mac at the same time?