Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2014, 11:22 AM

Default Pro Tools 11 not showing any plugins (3rd party)

I took my sweet time migrating to pt11 from 10, waiting for all the developers to release their 64bit AAX versions. Just recently I've decided to make the switch, and I absolutely cannot get any 3rd party plugins to show up in pt11. Here are some of the plugins that I know have AAX installed, and are still not showing up:

EastWest Play 4.2.0
Altiverb 7.2.2
Native Instruments Kontakt 5, Reaktor 5, Absynth 4
Waves

I've also tried deleting the .plist, and prefs folder, and still no luck. Is there something obvious that I'm missing?

Many thanks,

iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7
12 GB Ram
OSX 10.9.4
Old 09-01-2014, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 not showing any plugins (3rd party)

Make SURE they're 64-BIT AAX? 32's don't work in PT 11.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:18 PM
Admin Emeritus

Make sure you have downloaded the latest version of your Waves plug-ins:
http://www.waves.com/downloads/v9

Latest installer version is v9.2.0, and on Mavericks you will need to download the offline installer from the bottom of that page.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:35 PM

Yeah, I'm aware of the 32bit vs. 64bit AXX distinction, and as far as I can tell everything is 64bit. I don't honestly know how I would double check this, except for when the developers say which version is compatible with PT11. In the case of Play and Altiverb, I downloaded and installed the latest versions this morning.

I have updated the Waves plugins to 9.2.0, and still nothing. But the fact that all of the plugins are missing makes me think something else is going on. I'm running quite a bit of stuff.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:53 PM

First time I installed Waves AAX64 I had to run a separate .exe to get Pro Tools 11 to see them. Did you do this?

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 09-01-2014, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
First time I installed Waves AAX64 I had to run a separate .exe to get Pro Tools 11 to see them. Did you do this?

Cheers,
Same here but now there is only pne installer needed to run the AAX64bit updates

http://www.waves.com/downloads/v9

Best Regards
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-02-2014, 09:48 AM

Why not run one of the installers again and make sure AAX64 versions are checked and being installed.

What exact version of pt 11 do you have installed?
Old 09-02-2014, 11:12 AM

Yeah, I had that thought too. I just updated to 11.2.1. Still nothing.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:44 PM

Ok, so after not being able to find any answers online, I purchased an avid support code and called them up. Here's what I found:

Using the co-install of ProTools 10 & 11 has been shown to cause problems when running the Mavericks OS. Apparently PT10 gets in the way of PT11 working properly under these conditions. In some cases, PT10 won't work at all, but 11 will. But I think because I had the PT co-install on my computer before I upgraded to Mavericks, my problem is the former.

The solution is either regress operating systems to Mountain Lion, or systematically uninstall ProTools 10 (the uninstaller doesn't even work on 10.9), and run 11 exclusively. Unfortunately I have about 5 projects currently in progress in PT10, so I can't do that until I get those finished. But I will happily update this thread in a few weeks, or so, when I bite that bullet.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstanton101 View Post
Ok, so after not being able to find any answers online, I purchased an avid support code and called them up. Here's what I found:

Using the co-install of ProTools 10 & 11 has been shown to cause problems when running the Mavericks OS. Apparently PT10 gets in the way of PT11 working properly under these conditions. In some cases, PT10 won't work at all, but 11 will. But I think because I had the PT co-install on my computer before I upgraded to Mavericks, my problem is the former.

The solution is either regress operating systems to Mountain Lion, or systematically uninstall ProTools 10 (the uninstaller doesn't even work on 10.9), and run 11 exclusively. Unfortunately I have about 5 projects currently in progress in PT10, so I can't do that until I get those finished. But I will happily update this thread in a few weeks, or so, when I bite that bullet.
Am I correct in understanding that you didn't do a clean install of Mavericks and just did an upgrade right over Mountain Lion? That's what it sounds like in paragraph 2. You never, EVER want to do that. Always wipe the system drive clean, install the new os, and then reinstall ALL applications. Yeah, it's a pain and time consuming, but the only way to get it done right.

And if you do regress to Mountain Lion as I write how to do above, install PT10 first first and then install PT11. Doing it the opposite way will cause issues.

BTW there are steps here on how to manually uninstall PT10 on Mavericks. You just have to search them out.

QAPLA!