Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2015, 08:22 AM

Default Re: Yosemite support is now available with EuControl 3.2.2 and Workstation 3.2.2!

On my 2 systems on Yosemite, the Transport was claimed and updated right away, but each mix system didn't want to be claimed. After numerous restarts and following the troubleshooting directions on system 1 with no success, I left the system for an hour. When I came back, the mix had been claimed, and the update was successful.

The next day on system 2 I had the same issue with the mix not being claimed, so I ignored it and worked for an hour, checked again, and it was claimed, and updated successfully.

Looks like if you just ignore it for a while, it will eventually be claimed and you can continue.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:25 AM

Default Re: Yosemite support is now available with EuControl 3.2.2 and Workstation 3.2.2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkfaudio View Post
Looks like if you just ignore it for a while, it will eventually be claimed and you can continue.
This also applies to women.
Old 04-06-2015, 05:34 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertg View Post
what a huge surprise. I added a plugin via the config mode on the artist mix, and now the plugin is loaded but its name is blank on the controller.

WILL YOU FINALLY FIX THIS PLEASE. You broke it several versions ago. Nobody cares that the soft key assignment screen asks about nonexistent changes.

Jesus Christ. Where are your priorities. Care to explain, Kyle? Are you guys just systematically knocking out the easy ones because they require the least amount of work??
Hey Robert,

We tried to reproduce the Logic issue in-house and can't. What version of Logic and OS are your using? Does this happen on a brand new Logic project with only one track? Does it happen every time? Is there another thread or IdeaScale bug I can reference for more info?

Maybe the Save Soft Keys bug didn't annoy you, but it was annoying to other users so we fixed it. In your opinion, what are 3 bugs we haven't fixed that you think are top priority?

Thanks,
Berkeley, CA
Old 04-06-2015, 05:47 PM
Avid

Hey Guys,

Thanks for providing feedback on your experiences with updating firmware. It definitely can be a bit challenging because its essentially all about timing. Either the timing will be right and surface will be recognized and attach, or it won't.

Some additional advice for those having trouble:
  1. Connect the surface directly to your Mac or directly to switch>Mac with no other surfaces are attached.
  2. Ensure the Network Interface is working properly in Network Prefs, and that that Network Interface is chosen in EUCON Prefs.
  3. Reboot the surface, wait 30 seconds, then chose "Restart EUCON Applicatons..." from the EuControl E menu. Hopefully, surface is detected now.
  4. Install Bonjour Browser to see if the surface is detected there. That should give you a clue that the OS is seeing it.
  5. Repeat Step 3 as needed. If unsuccessful, reboot Mac and try again.
Berkeley, CA
Old 04-06-2015, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Splittgerber View Post
Hey Robert,

We tried to reproduce the Logic issue in-house and can't. What version of Logic and OS are your using? Does this happen on a brand new Logic project with only one track? Does it happen every time? Is there another thread or IdeaScale bug I can reference for more info?

Maybe the Save Soft Keys bug didn't annoy you, but it was annoying to other users so we fixed it. In your opinion, what are 3 bugs we haven't fixed that you think are top priority?

Thanks,
Thanks for your reply, and I do appreciate your efforts. Here are just some 3 off the top of my head:

#1. This started after Eucon version 2.6.2, something was changed after this. When I turn the jog wheel, on both transport and MC control, it always snaps to the nearest bar and is never more precise than that. Not so good for nudging and stuff.

#2. Shift-fader touch no longer snaps to 0.. I think this is more recent, others have complained about it too.

#3. When track stacks were introduced in Logic X, Eucon has no idea how to deal with them. I'm talking about layouts. Create a layout with everything blanked but 4 faders for example. Now create a folder stack or summing stack with these 4 and the static locked faders turn back into "auto assigned".. messes everything up if you prefer to work without banking.

As for the missing plugin display, that broke a few versions ago too. It doesn't happen every time, but I have come up with a reliable way to reproduce it for you in the next message.

My version of Logic is 10.1.1 and I'm running OS X 10.10.2

Finally, and this is more of a redesign issue. All of the knobs are very much useless because they are not linear. The ideascale URL that explains this best is here:

http://protools.ideascale.com/a/dtd/...bs/129794-3779

That's a big one for me, probably the most important in my view.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:01 PM

To reproduce the bug:

Start with an empty logic project. Create 1 audio track, select it.

Enter insert config mode on the Mix. Pick Insert 1 > Delay > St Delay > Stereo

Leave config mode.

You will notice that the green ON light is lit, but no plugin name is displayed on the surface.. please confirm.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:18 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelis View Post
So, after more then 3 years you finally fixed the "Edit/Mix windows to follow surface bank selection". Great. But just for PT12!?!?!? That's non acceptable.
Hey Guys,

Don't worry, this is coming in 11.3.2.
Berkeley, CA
Old 04-07-2015, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Splittgerber View Post
Hey Guys,

Don't worry, this is coming in 11.3.2.
10!!
Old 04-07-2015, 10:26 PM
Avid

Quote:
Thanks for your reply, and I do appreciate your efforts. Here are just some 3 off the top of my head:

#1. This started after Eucon version 2.6.2, something was changed after this. When I turn the jog wheel, on both transport and MC control, it always snaps to the nearest bar and is never more precise than that. Not so good for nudging and stuff.

#2. Shift-fader touch no longer snaps to 0.. I think this is more recent, others have complained about it too.

#3. When track stacks were introduced in Logic X, Eucon has no idea how to deal with them. I'm talking about layouts. Create a layout with everything blanked but 4 faders for example. Now create a folder stack or summing stack with these 4 and the static locked faders turn back into "auto assigned".. messes everything up if you prefer to work without banking.

As for the missing plugin display, that broke a few versions ago too. It doesn't happen every time, but I have come up with a reliable way to reproduce it for you in the next message.

My version of Logic is 10.1.1 and I'm running OS X 10.10.2

Finally, and this is more of a redesign issue. All of the knobs are very much useless because they are not linear. The ideascale URL that explains this best is here:

http://protools.ideascale.com/a/dtd/...bs/129794-3779

That's a big one for me, probably the most important in my view.
Ok, thanks for the info.

Also, we were able to reproduce the Logic issue and will investigate further.
Berkeley, CA
Old 04-08-2015, 12:49 AM

Quote:

I'd like to chime in on this as well... I hope you would have more time to look in to the issue now that Yosemite support is officially done?