Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 12-21-2003, 02:54 PM

Default Can\'t Download Software Updates

I recently upgraded to OSX 10.3.2 and need to download the 6.22 update, but after trying every browser I could think of, I get a server error message. Is there a mirror site I could get the software from?

Peter Lehrack
Old 12-21-2003, 03:39 PM

Default Re: Can\'t Download Software Updates

Peter, tell us more about your computer setup.

I also had this problem. My only internet connection was through my PC, and my internet company uses nothing more than PC servers. For some reason, the PC to PC to PC to MAC connection just didn't work. I still haven't upgraded. I'm waiting till I'm done with all my current sessions before I risk losing any important files.

Tell us more about your rig so we can better help you.
Old 12-21-2003, 04:14 PM

I'm using a PowerMac G4 Dual 1.42 running OSX 10.3.2 with 1.5Gb Ram. My network consists of a Zyxel DSL modem in bridge mode connected to a Linksys BEFSR41 DSL Router. I have never had problems of any kind downloading anything from anywhere. I tried Safari v1.1.1, Internet Explorer v5.2.3 and using a G3 450 running OS9.2.2 I tried Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator.

After sitting for a minute or so, I get a "Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand." error. My Brother has a PC using a different DSL modem, but the same DSL Router I use, and he can download without problem.

Peter Lehrack
Old 12-21-2003, 05:37 PM
Administrator

A few other users have had problems accessing downloads that require authentication from our secure servers.

We don't know why this only happens with a very small group of users, but we believe it has to do with only some firewalls they are using which makes them unable to access the secure server pages when a security request is made during the authorization of the form submission. Also, we have had reports that users with Airport wireless systems also sometimes have difficulty accessing the secure servers. We've had a number of people look at it, including our server host network, and it still has not been solved.

The first thing I would try is a different connection to the internet if that is possible for you.

You can also contact the webmaster, at the address on the Download & Website Help page:
www.digidesign.com/download/help

You will need to provide your name and address, and Pro Tools LE v6 registration information so that we can troubleshoot the problem.

Otherwise, you would need to get the free Pro Tools LE 6.2.2 Update CD from your local Digi dealer, or use the order option on the DigiStore, as stated on the 6.2.2 download section.