Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2012, 03:56 AM

Default iLok licenses

Hi! Hope someone can help here...

I have 2 iLoks sitting in 2 different studios. Recently I bought PT HD 10 to upgrade one of the studios.

In the first studio PT HD 8 is running and on that same iLok there is also a old 7.4 lincense.

The studio that is being upgraded I'm going from 7.3

The mistake we did when downloading PT HD 10 was to select 7.4 to be upgraded, while I should have choosen 7.3 so in the iLok account I have to surrender the 7.4 license to get the PT 10 at all.

My question is: can I put the PT HD 10 license on the first iLok (containing 7.4 and PT HD 8) without loosing PT HD 8 license and then move the PT 10 license to the right iLok?
Old 04-04-2012, 09:44 AM

I've been through a similar situation several times managing upgrades across multiple systems. A quick (or not so quick depending on the wait time) call to Avid customer service explaining your situation should fix the situation. They should either change the license surrender that is required or withdraw the "surrender required" license and replace it with a "no surrender" license. No ASC is required to call customer service, only tech support.
Hope that helps.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:26 AM

Lost one about 4 months ago. I put the temp licences on my old red ilok that came with Pt mpowered 8 then went to gtr center and picked up one of those new sexy ones for about $40. Done. No fuss no muss. No extortion money. Be ez like the trees bro, its all love

Sent from my MB200 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-23-2012, 02:40 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMartin View Post
can I put the PT HD 10 license on the first iLok (containing 7.4 and PT HD 8) without loosing PT HD 8 license and then move the PT 10 license to the right iLok?
You can move licenses between iLoks as long as there isn't the same license already there. The presence of a v8 license should not affect the v10 license. Please contact CS directly if you need further assistance.