Avid

Default Re: Pro tools 8 LE unable to receive midi

Quote:
AmpliTube1.xLE.dpm
AmpliTube 1.x LE, (R)(C) IK Multimedia 2006

Analog Factory.dpm
1.2, Copyright 2006 Arturia

BFD Lite.plg
BFD version 1.5.0.45, Copyright 2003-2006 FXpansion Audio UK Ltd.

Ozone3.dpm
3.1.1, Copyright © 2006 iZotope, Inc.

Spectron.dpm
1.1.0, Copyright © 2006 iZotope, Inc.

TimewARP_RTAS_Lite.dpm
1.0x0, Copyright 2003-2006 Way Out Ware, Inc.

Trash.dpm
1.1.0, Copyright © 2006 iZotope, Inc.
Outdated - update to the latest versions (see the Plug-In Compatibility Grid for specifics on minimum versions required)

Quote:
Kore Player.dpm
2.0.4, Copyright © 2008, 2008 Native Instruments
I believe there's a 2.5 version available now...
Old 11-04-2009, 01:08 AM

everything seems a-o-k on the compatibility front as I'm using mac os 10.5.8 with a purchased legit copy of komplete 5, which includes kontakt 3.

I have no previous version of kontakt on my HD and they don't show up in the instrument list as a plug in either. I removed previous versions after installing the entire NI komplete 5 for the very reason of compatibility and corruptions.

I'm going to uninstall/re install pro tools since the bug isn't 100% reproducible.

cheers!
AL
Old 11-09-2009, 08:19 AM

Hi all

This has gone very very quiet - does this mean fixed as not from my end ?

All plugins up to date.

L
Old 11-13-2009, 08:39 AM

I have the exact same issue. I'm trying to run my axiom 49 keyboard (not the pro) and everyone says that it should be just plug and play because im running it via USB. But i cant get a recieve signal when i put down a instrument track. All I see in the recieve area in the options menu is "none". Im actually running Windows vista 64 bit and pro tools 8 LE. Does anyone know the problem?
Old 11-20-2009, 01:26 AM

here's what you may want to do if you haven't already London.

make a new AMS setup, re install pro tools and see if it works. Mine is now working properly and did both of those things.

However, I also upgraded to complete production toolkit from DV toolkit 2.

The problem may have been fixed by the upgrade/ re install.

you're / we're not crazy.

as a last ditch - take a look at your midi preferences and make sure that the "note" setting is not turned off. if it was off you would not receive midi in the software even though you can see it coming out of the hardware via flashing light.

best,

AL
Old 08-08-2010, 10:37 AM

I am still having this problem. Mac OS X 10.5.8, Pro Tools LE 8.0.4. All MIDI settings are configured accurately. Sometimes MIDI works other times it doesn't, however the 002R ALWAYS indicates that MIDI data is being seen at the MIDI IN hardware port. Major pain in the ass. I never know if I'm going to be able to utilize MIDI in a session or not. When it's not working I quit Pro Tools, power down the 002, power down the MIDI keyboard, delete MIDI preference files, log out/in to computer, power on 002, power on MIDI keyboard, launch Pro Tools....no MIDI on instrument/MIDI tracks????? Really?
Old 09-23-2010, 05:13 PM

No midi "sound" but notes are being written!!?? ...and only for new sessions!!!

...click, setup, midi, input devices, unchek your input device and check "external!"
Worked for me!
Must be something with my "created" midi device...
Old 12-29-2011, 07:37 PM

Anyone figure this out??

I have the same problem - except on windows 7 with protools le 8.0.5 - everything was working fine until about a month ago - Now I can't get midi via the 003 or an mbox2.

What's drives me nuts is that I can send midi to internal synths perfectly fine and I installed Reaper to test the midi input of both the 003 and mbox2 and it works perfectly as well. The only thing on the entire system that doesn't work is using any midi input into protools. I've tried mulitple controllers, including a Yamaha P-250 connected via the midi in on both digi audio interfaces and via it's own USB connection. No luck.

I've been a protools user for over 10 years and have never encountered this before. It's definately not a MIDI thru/input device/etc. incorrect setting as I have completely unistalled and re-installed protools to try and resolve the problem...

The only thing that did change was that I installed Sibelius 7 on the same machine - it may be after that install that the MIDI input stopped working - it was working within Sibelius however - even when it wasn't working in protools. I've tried uninstalling Sibelius with no luck...

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Joe
Old 04-30-2013, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunespin View Post
hi and thanks for the response :)

midi thru enables? yes
midi input devices checked? yes
default midi thru instrument selected and correct? yes

again the thing that is so strange about this is that what you've described in the midi preferences are global. My situation is that a previous session created by me in PT LE8 that I saved as a template receives midi every time no problem - yet a new session with the exact same midi paramets/preferences does not. Every time.

something is fishy.

I've been using pro tools for close to 10 yrs and have never encountered this.

cheers!

AL
Old 04-30-2013, 06:25 AM

Hello, 'fraid this happened to my mbox2 and digi002. Midi 'out' works on both but no midi 'in'. SOLUTION: Had to reload PT 7 and PT 8 (have 2 setups), reload midi drivers from folder on CD, turn off, fire up OS, then load PT with hardware pre-connected, then assign MIDI inputs, and then set i/0 settings and it worked.

PROTOOLS! what is going on here, there is instability in the MIDI codes and internal driver files are being detached from host?? is the conclusion I have from the rituals I have to go through. All wonderfully time wasting. Lovely Jubbly.