Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)

Old 01-09-2011, 03:08 PM

Default tempo changes?

Using using the Pro Tools SE that came with my M-Audio Pre mk11, I have been recording an added saxophone track to play-a-long tracks. No problems. However with the Audacity software that I used previously, I could change the tempo of the Play-A-Long tracks without changing the pitch (key) or instrument sound qualities. Can I do the same with Pro Tools SE?
Old 01-12-2011, 05:06 AM
Avid

Default Re: tempo changes?

You can easily change the tempo of your audio without changing the pitch in Pro Tools SE:

1. Import Play-A-Long audio by dragging the audio file to the blank area at the bottom of the main window.

2. Press the Return key to make sure that the playback position is at bar 1.

3. Click on the (+) symbol next to "Tempo" on the Music Ruler (left-hand-side just above your tracks).

4. Type in a new tempo and click OK. Your audio will now play back at the slower tempo.

If you know the tempo of the Play-A-Long track then you can change the tempo of the session to match this before importing the track.

To learn more about tempo changes, right-click with your mouse on the word Tempo in the ruler and select "Learn About the Music Ruler..."