Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 09-02-2015, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Control won't connect - what am I missing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist PM View Post
Hi guys -
A couple things here

Best configuration:
Mac connected via Ethernet cable to a wireless router
Connect iPad to 5 GHz band of WiFi

2.4 GHz can cause issues - not only with PTC but with other control apps as well.

Also - if you can post in broad strokes how your network is configured, which NIC EUCON is set to, etc here that would be helpful.

JC
Yes and yes... been through all possible scenarios with Kyle with no result on my iPad Air.
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 09-14-2015, 06:35 PM

Aaah, just noticed that the iPad app has just been updated... and voila!! It now works with my iPad Air!

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 09-14-2015, 06:46 PM

...eerrr... oops. I may have jumped for joy a little early.. It definitely connects, but it seems to make a mess of everything except the transport control.
ie, faders don't work, the buttons in the tracks mode don't seem to line up with their intended controls etc.

Old 09-14-2015, 07:28 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx View Post
...eerrr... oops. I may have jumped for joy a little early.. It definitely connects, but it seems to make a mess of everything except the transport control.
ie, faders don't work, the buttons in the tracks mode don't seem to line up with their intended controls etc.
Hey Matt,

Did you install EuControl 3.3.1 as well? That was just added to Avid and Euphonix accounts this afternoon. The app requires a matching EuControl version, which 3.3 is not so that weirdness you mentioned would be expected.
Berkeley, CA
Old 09-14-2015, 07:37 PM

Hi Kyle!! That does indeed explain it!! Cheers for the heads up... All working! Yeow!
Thanks again!

Old 09-14-2015, 08:20 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx View Post
Hi Kyle!! That does indeed explain it!! Cheers for the heads up... All working! Yeow!
Thanks again!
Woohoo! Thanks for sticking with it!
Berkeley, CA
Old 12-29-2015, 08:55 AM

I am having this same issue of no connection....
my device (ipad 3) shows up in the EU control under all devices, but will not move over to my devices and will not connect to my pro tools.. the little EU light that is supposed to illuminate when the connection is made just stays dim even though it shows up under all devices... Very frustrating and would really like to know what to do...

For time saving i have done all of these already:

restarted pc
restarted ipad
checked connection in EU control settings in control panel
restarted EU control applications by right clicking icon
made sure my firmware was up to date
made sure EU control was checked in pro tools peripherals
made sure both pc and ipad are sharing the same wifi and IP address

i am running out of options and could really use some advice or some troubleshooting here...
Old 12-30-2015, 10:00 AM

is your network 5ghz ?? 2.4ghz has some issues .. if you already know this then please just disregard ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Wafflefries View Post
I am having this same issue of no connection....
my device (ipad 3) shows up in the EU control under all devices, but will not move over to my devices and will not connect to my pro tools.. the little EU light that is supposed to illuminate when the connection is made just stays dim even though it shows up under all devices... Very frustrating and would really like to know what to do...

For time saving i have done all of these already:

restarted pc
restarted ipad
checked connection in EU control settings in control panel
restarted EU control applications by right clicking icon
made sure my firmware was up to date
made sure EU control was checked in pro tools peripherals
made sure both pc and ipad are sharing the same wifi and IP address

i am running out of options and could really use some advice or some troubleshooting here...

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 03-13-2016, 04:23 PM

Had the app running well for some time. Then suddenly it refused to connect. Solution was to re-install the app on the ipad and now all is well.
Dell Precision 490 Workstation, dual 4 core 5355 Xeon, 16gb Samsung DDR2 ECC Ram - Windows 7 Ultimate - Nvidia GTX 650 - 3 x Internal WD Blacks - PT 2018.3 - Digi 002R - Original Mackie HUI - 3 screens - JBL Monitoring.
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790 - 24gb RAM - Windows 10 - Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB with Studio driver 546.01 - 2 x Internal Samsung 860 EVO SSDs, and MSATA card - Davinci Resolve Studio 18.6.4 - 3 screens - Blackmagic Speed Editor - MK1 Presonus Faderport - Canon C100 mk2 - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n
Old 04-06-2016, 06:23 AM

If you are having problems connecting to your workstation, and haven't done so already, download os 9.3.1. Apple states that it "Fixes an issue that caused apps to be unresponsive after tapping on links in Safari and other apps"

It may help.
Dell Precision 490 Workstation, dual 4 core 5355 Xeon, 16gb Samsung DDR2 ECC Ram - Windows 7 Ultimate - Nvidia GTX 650 - 3 x Internal WD Blacks - PT 2018.3 - Digi 002R - Original Mackie HUI - 3 screens - JBL Monitoring.
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790 - 24gb RAM - Windows 10 - Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB with Studio driver 546.01 - 2 x Internal Samsung 860 EVO SSDs, and MSATA card - Davinci Resolve Studio 18.6.4 - 3 screens - Blackmagic Speed Editor - MK1 Presonus Faderport - Canon C100 mk2 - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n