Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 06-29-2012, 06:27 AM

Default Satellite: Failed to connect

1 x HDX and 2 x HDNative
OSX10.7.4 / PTHD10.2
Satellite Link option on all systems
All running on Mac Pro 2.8GHz Quad-Core

I had the Satellite option up and running without a hich while running OSX10.7.2/PTHD10.1.2

Now a couple of months later and after an upgrade to OSX10.7.4/PTHD10.2 I am ...
(A) either unable to see one or both slave systems (different from one cpu to the next) or
(B) if I do see them then connection to either system will give the error "Failed to Connect" and then no system can be seen untill full reboot.

We have tried this on our current ISIS Force10 switch as well as using a standalone switch with only these three systems connected.

The strange thing is that if I boot the cpu up from an old copy of the setup ...
1. System A runnin on OSX10.7.2/PTHD10.1.2 will see the others and can control them.
2. System B running on OSX10.7.3/PTHD10.1.2 will behave as a slave, can see System A as an admin but not connect to it.
3. System C running on OSX10.7.3/PTHD10.1.2 will behave as a slave but does not see other systems as an Admin.

I know that "postmike" had a simillar problem last year and reported it fixed ... but did not leave an explanation as of how it got fixed.

Anybody else our there that has either run into this or can confirm that a OSX10.7.4 / PTHD10.2 setup is working?

Vil Hjalmarsson