Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2011, 03:55 AM

Default Automation modes won't change on MC Control v2 on the touch panel and soft buttons

When I use [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]+REC I can change the automation mode by flipping several times. But when I try to do the same on the touch panel,(Avid even made presets for this) it doesn't change. At all. It is in the EUCON/Automation/modes/ but still it doesn't change. I tried to create new ones in a new touch page, and on the soft buttons, but to no avail.

I'm on Mac Pro, 10.6.8 Eucon 2.6.2. with the lates firmware on the MC Control v2. Pro Tools 10.

Anyone else suffer from this problem? It is strange, because every other automation in automation menu works as expected but not the modes...

Anyone know why I can't assign Audiosuiteplugins to soft/touch buttons?

Would really like an answer from an AVID person here...
Old 11-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Avid

Default Re: Automation modes won't change on MC Control v2 on the touch panel and soft button

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmsound_no View Post
When I use [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]+REC I can change the automation mode by flipping several times. But when I try to do the same on the touch panel,(Avid even made presets for this) it doesn't change. At all. It is in the EUCON/Automation/modes/ but still it doesn't change. I tried to create new ones in a new touch page, and on the soft buttons, but to no avail.

I'm on Mac Pro, 10.6.8 Eucon 2.6.2. with the lates firmware on the MC Control v2. Pro Tools 10.

Anyone else suffer from this problem? It is strange, because every other automation in automation menu works as expected but not the modes...

Anyone know why I can't assign Audiosuiteplugins to soft/touch buttons?

Would really like an answer from an AVID person here...
For something this specific I think it's better if you go through customer success. This way we can attempt to reproduce with SQA and have a record of your issue to determine if there is a buggy configuration.

Best,
JC
Old 11-11-2011, 10:43 AM

Default Re: Automation modes won't change on MC Control v2 on the touch panel and soft button

what do you mean customer success..? where do I find that...?
Old 11-11-2011, 01:53 PM

To change the automation modes, try going to the automation page on the Control. You should see the controls for the buttons at the bottom update as well. you'll see, "do to all" and "do to selected" Touch either of those and then touch the automation mode of your choice. This is way easier than the shift+button method and you don't have to worry about accidentally touch a fader that is in a writing mode.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:34 PM

I agree totally mr p, and that is what I want to do. But it doesn't work. no matter what I push it doesn't change the mode. and the do to all button works fine for every other function. but not for the automation mode. and I really hate the shift+REC button thing, it's hard to get to and it's so much easier with the touch panel.

Are you on Pro Tools?
Old 11-23-2011, 06:59 PM

Filmsound, I can verify that I have the same problem.. with the brand new Avid Artist Control, and Pro Tools 10 (with CPTK) on Mac.
Everything else has been great (the order of the eq control mapping is a little strange) but that one, or any of the automation modes just don't do anything..
Old 11-24-2011, 12:55 AM

Sorry for not updating this.. Now it works! I did a software reinstall again couple of days ago, and bam. Myserious though, I did try that one before...

I did file a customer success when I first got this problem, but haven't heard anything more about it, but I'll post the result here.