Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2006, 08:03 PM

Default DAE can\'t get audio from the drive(s) fast enough.

Hello there.

I am looking for help with the following problem:

DAE can't get audio from the drive(s) fast enough. Your drive may be too slow or fragmented, or a firewire drive could be having trouble due to the extra firewire bandwidth or CPU load. (-9073)

I have recently purchased the M-Audio Firewire 1814, and Pro Tools M-Powered.
I am trying to open and work with some tracks I recorded in a professional studio 2 years ago.
When I open a track file I get the following messages:

1-'This session was saved with the following playback engine: Pro Tools HD 2 DSP, 48 Voices'. This playback engines is not available with the current hardware. Would you like to continue and use the current playback engine: Firewire 1814?.

After pressing ok I get the following message:

2-'The original disk allocation for this session cannot be used. Check the disk allocation window to see what's changed. Your I/O setup has changed since the last time this session was saved. Check the I/O setups window to see whats changed. Some inputs were made inactive. Would you like to save a detailed report?

I press Yes and the track loads.

Now here is the issue. When I hit play I get the following message:

DAE can't get audio from the drive(s) fast enough. Your drive may be too slow or fragmented, or a firewire drive could be having trouble due to the extra firewire bandwidth or CPU load. (-9073)

My track files are on an external USB Hard Drive, and my G4 has the following characteristics:

Processor 1GHz PowerPC G4
1MB L3 Cache
1 GB DDr SDRAM

Can anyone please help me?

thanks in advance
Old 10-17-2006, 03:35 AM

Default Re: DAE can\'t get audio from the drive(s) fast enough.

Try a firewire hard drive. Not sure about that, but I think PTMP can't handle 48 voices. Hope this helps.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:53 AM
Avid

Default Re: DAE can\'t get audio from the drive(s) fast enough.

A USB drive is definitely too slow for this - as suggested, you need a firewire drive.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:07 AM

Default Re: DAE can\'t get audio from the drive(s) fast eno

Thanks a lot guys!

MOVED ALL MY FILES OVER TO A FIREWIRE DRIVE AND PRESTO! IT WORKED...