Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2005, 12:45 PM

Default Audio track recording via midi triggering

Hi,
Using DFHS for drum tracks triggered via midi controller, recording the midi track is successful, the triggering of the DFHS is successful as I hear them and they look as though they are routed to the correct tracks, as the tracks are recieving signal, but as soon as I try to record and depress record on the transport and the track, the LED indicator on that audio track goes down to zero and no signal is recorded (except the midi track). I'm sure this is a PT 101 question, but any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Michael
Old 01-09-2005, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Audio track recording via midi triggering

Sounds like you are erasing the MIDI info at the same time you are recording audio so nothing is being recorded. Take the MIDI track out of rec mode so it does'nt record over the data that you had recorded. Make sure to press command z so you can get the data MIDI back.

Hope this helps,

RS
Old 01-09-2005, 04:34 PM

Default Resolved: Audio track recording vi midi triggering

Thank you for your response. I have resolved it. I was trying to record to the tracks were the drum samples were steaming to. Once I bounced the drum tracks to wav files, and imported them into audio tracks in PT, I'm cooking with gas now.
Thanks again.
Michael
Old 01-09-2005, 06:20 PM

Default Re: Resolved: Audio track recording vi midi triggering

Cool, Try using an Auxillary track (Stereo) with the drum module instead of an audio track then set the ouput to bus 1,2 (or whatever is available) then open a stereo audio track and set the input to bus 1,2. Put the audio track in record ready mode and record straight to the track. It should be easier then importing from a bounce file.

Good Luck,

RS