Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2010, 12:07 AM

Default Ugly parameter-markers in plugin guis after upgrading to Win7/PT 8.0.3

After upgrading to Win7 and PT 8.0.3 I noticed (ugly looking) markers around some (not all) plugin parameter knobs. Waves SSL shows red and yellow circles around some (!) of the knobs. URS Saturation shows rectangular shaped blue lines around the knobs. Other plugins like IK and Digi look like before (no markers, just the plain GUI as expected).
Did anybody notice this, too? How do I switch it off?
Old 03-08-2010, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Ugly parameter-markers in plugin guis after upgrading to Win7/PT 8.0.3

Here are some pictures of what I am talking about (see the orange arrows which point to the markers in question):

Waves SSL E-Channel

URS Saturation
Old 03-08-2010, 01:15 PM

Default Re: Ugly parameter-markers in plugin guis after upgrading to Win7/PT 8.0.3

Sometimes backing your hardware acceleration down a notch can clear those things up.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:14 PM

This is an interesting, but seemingly inconsequential glitch that I have seen also. For me, I get this with the Waves Ren Bundle (7v7) and a few others as well as the actual PTLE interface. This is wth Win7 X64 and PTLE 8.0.3/8.0.4b and an 002 rack.

But...... I do not get this with M-Powered 8.0.3 and the latest Firewire drivers from the M-Audio web site using Win 7 x64 with a Firewire 1814.

I saw this on my older Opteron 265 "Quadzilla" and I see it on my new i7 920 Gigabyte X58a computer.

At first I thought this might be indicating parameters that were automated, but it is not. It needs to be fixed.

Greg
Intel i7 3930K, Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 (rev 1.0), 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidea GT 720 TI video card, a Samsung 850 Pro (256 GB) OS drive, 2 Samsung 850 Pro's (512 GB) in externally mounted drive bays for session and sample storage, Win 10 Pro, PT Ultimate (Native)2019.10, HD Omni, HD I/O 16x16 .
Old 07-13-2010, 12:10 PM

Has anybody been able to fix this plug in Gui issue. I have the blue marker pointer things with the Softube Fet and Tubetech compressors.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:59 PM

I didn't. I haven't found the slider to back off the hardware acceleration yet. MS moves all the stuff around from windows version to another and I am tired of searching all the options again and again...
Old 07-13-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misteradam View Post
Has anybody been able to fix this plug in Gui issue. I have the blue marker pointer things with the Softube Fet and Tubetech compressors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiF View Post
I didn't. I haven't found the slider to back off the hardware acceleration yet. MS moves all the stuff around from windows version to another and I am tired of searching all the options again and again...
This isnt a GUI issue. You have plug-in controls auto-enabled for automation:

Preferences > Mixing > Plug-in Controls Default to Auto-Enabled.

If you see this only on a few plug-in parameters, then ctrl+win+alt+click on a plug-in parameter, and select, "disable automation for...". Or, open the plug-in automation window and remove them.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 07-14-2010, 09:40 AM

Thank you so much for your help Shan but this does not seem to solve the issue. It is only with the two Softube plugs that I have none of the Digidesign BombFactory or IK multimedia seem to have this issue. I have now Demoed the URS Saturation Plug in and can confirm the same blue outlines as Rif has posted. If you have any other suggestions I should try it would be much appreciated thanks. and Rock On
Old 07-14-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misteradam View Post
Thank you so much for your help Shan but this does not seem to solve the issue. It is only with the two Softube plugs that I have none of the Digidesign BombFactory or IK multimedia seem to have this issue. I have now Demoed the URS Saturation Plug in and can confirm the same blue outlines as Rif has posted. If you have any other suggestions I should try it would be much appreciated thanks. and Rock On
If turning off auto-enabled, either global or per parameter, doesnt clear it up, I would make the developers of the plug-in know. They might need to issue an update. The blue outlined parameters in the plug-in indicates that it's auto-enabled. Auto-enabled parameters will show up in the automation playlists. If you dont see them there, then there is definitely an issue.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 07-14-2010, 01:39 PM

I had the same issue with 8.0.3. It's fixed in 8.0.4. What you're seeing are the highlights for a control surface. Here's what I did to get rid of it: From the main Pro Tools menu go to Setup / Peripherals / MIDI Controllers. Under #1 the Type will probably say "None" (assuming you are not using a control surface). Click the drop-down and just select "None" again. Then click "Okay" to close the Peripheral dialog box. Your highlights should now be gone. You will have to do this each time you start Pro Tools. Doing this in 8.0.3 you will also lose the functionality of your footswitch (if you use one). I would suggest updating to 8.0.4. Hope this helps.