Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2013, 05:30 PM

Default Mbox Pro just quit working.

My Mbox Pro is not showing any input level lights, and playback is not being heard even though PT mixer shows activity.
I just did a session last night with no issues.
When I shut down the Mbox, pro tools tells me it can't communicate with it and needs to restart.
So it recognizes it. I see it in all of the setup menu and I/O settings.

I've rebooted my iMac, the Mbox, unplugged the fw cable, everything google could tell me. Nothing.

Mountain Lion 10.8.3
PT 10
Old 04-26-2013, 06:25 AM

Default Re: Mbox Pro just quit working.

More details:

I did a session Wed night. everything went fine.
Thursday, I re-open the session, just to listen again (it's done for now) and I get a missing file error. It can't find an audio track.I select the option to have PT locate it, and rebuild. It doesn't work.
So I close the session and create a new one for the next project.

It is recognized by PT, but will not pass audio (playback in sessions) and also does not show any LED activity when plugged into any inputs.

I have tried rebooting PT, the iMac, the Mbox, different cables, unplugging the FW cable, etc, etc, etc…
It really seems like a hardware issue.
I've looked in PT settings, Playback engine, I/O, Hardware, etc…all seems right there.

I have tried old sessions, new, etc, same results. Odd settings bug or broken Mbox?

No audio passes thru the Mbox even when PT is closed.not iTunes or YouTube. Nothing.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:41 AM

Yep maybe it's broke
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:31 AM

I have a similar problem, although with some perseverance it does fire up. See my thread in the Mbox forum: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=338189

iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo » 4GB RAM » Mbox 2 Pro » PT 10.3.4 » OS X 10.8.3 » Formac 500GB » Alesis M1 Active Mk2
Old 05-01-2013, 07:28 PM

Interesting.

Well, I installed the latest drivers. No change. Then I used Time Machine and was going back through old files and noticed the audio playback WAS working through the Mbox. I did a time machine restore and my old sessions worked again.
However, my most recent one still doesn't play audio, or show levels on the Mbox when I plug directly into it.
The last thing I did in that session was use a playlist of about 5 takes for a guitar solo.
Something in the ptx file is messing with my setting or routing.
I opened a new session, all good.
No idea what happened, or how I fixed it, but it works now.