Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 02:28 PM

Default Recording Issues In Pt Le

Hi, I am new to the forum. I am using le 6.9 on an xp system. 2.4cpu, 1gig ram, m box,
I have recently peformed a fresh reinstall of xp... protools playback of audio is fine. yet when recording (even one track) in a completly empty session (or busy session). it will record around 2 minute then give me a cpu overload error... PLEASE help me resolve this!! as far as i know my drivers are all in order and my software updated... i have tried reinstalls etc but to no avail. i must add before the reinstall of xp it was fine. so i must be missing something? any ideas? any links or info would be greatly appreciated. thankyou in advance. Tony
Old 08-29-2005, 02:48 PM

Default Re: Recording Issues In Pt Le

Hi and how ya doin', and welcome aboard TonySE ... but do I believe you need to give a little more info ... 6.9 on what type of sysrtem P4 or AMD, is SP 2 installed with Windows XP, did you do all the suggested tweaks, how many and what types of Hard Drives are you using and are you getting any other error messages along with the cpu overload ... and what are you 'set up' settings when you are recording or playing back, especially DAE and buffer settings... and what plug ins are you using ... and anything else I haven't thought of ... No, but really, a little more info is needed.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:06 PM

TonySe, I think what tourguy is trying to say is try the General Troubleshooting thread that is "stickied" at the top of this forum. If the suggestions in that thread do not work, one of the last suggestions is to post your system's details. It's also very helpful if you can post details about the error, especially the error number if given.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 08-31-2005, 04:00 AM

Hi i am using an intel system. with one 160gb hiatchi deskstar and one 40gb version also. it is a dell motherboard (yes its compatible)... i would like to add that everything was working fine before my reinstall of xp so its not a compatibility issue.... perhaps a driver i have overlooked? does anyone have any links please? i find the digidesign site quite hard to find xp drivers on...
PLEASE HELP! : ) i have checked everything is set up according to digi spec...
Thanks Tony
Old 08-31-2005, 04:58 AM

Tony, it would really help if you read through and tried all of the steps in the Genereal Troubleshooting thread that I linked above. Along with a number of procedures that should help you on your way (one of which is reading the Getting Started Guide, which had you done you would know that the drivers are tied to the software, and there are no "XP drivers" to be found on the website)

There is also a section at the bottom of that thread that reads:
Quote:
Note: To enable other users to help you, please include all of your system details when posting an issue to the DUC; Pro Tools hardware, Pro Tools software version, CPU, OS version, Motherboard make/model, chipset, amount of RAM, type of hard drives used, etc.

- SiSoftware's Sandra Lite application can be used to post your full system profile.
http://www.sisoftware.net/index.html?dir=dload&location=sware_dl_3264&langx= en&a=
Please do yourslef a favor; read through that thread, follow any links that are there and read those pages as well, try all of the instructions in that thread one by one, up to and including that last bit about posting the details about your system.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 09-06-2005, 04:17 AM

I Have been through all the trouble shooting procedures. i have also now postem my system config in the top thread ( page 15 ) please can anyone help? no joy as of yet...
Tony
Old 09-06-2005, 04:47 PM

Try disabling Hyper Threading if you have such processor... This virtually eliminated all of my buffer errors.